I bought a 1 of 1 car, be jealous

72SBC

Established Member
9071BD00-85BC-4902-BDB2-948121230816.jpeg
E085DE63-510E-42D6-973F-3487272F10C5.jpeg
that's right boys find another...

1978 Malibu Classic, this is number 2 for me, I have a 79 that is a little too much to putt around in, this is scratching my itch.

53k miles, original v8 car. The baddest full framed car ever made. Column shift like a boss, bench seat for the bitches. Pimpin all day.

Plan is, every used part I have I’m throwing at it, I’ll turn this 190 hp, 8 to1 motor into a solid 11.90 car and look good doing it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My buddy had one similar to that back in high school. I don't remember what year it was. What a blast that was. I think it was a 305 IIRC?
The good 'ole days.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like it was garaged all its life. Should be a hell of a project. 305 was so under powered in those things.

blk02edge

Established Member
I love these cars. First fast car I ever experienced was a 78 Malibu classic with a 383 stroker. Custom bright yellow and big money build for the time

andymarkv

Established Member
Very very cool!! My autoshop Professor had a 78 with 383 (that was a big deal in 1995 lol) M21 4sp on stock 14" rally wheels. Loved that car!
I have always wanted one....but living in the north east...even the garage kept cars, the frames are rusted out behind the rear tires...

You keeping stockish sleeper vibe...? Sounds like you already have a serious car...this one gonna be more of a daily?
How is the traffic in your area...? I just finished a manual swap on a crown vic as my daily and man manual is way more fun! Unless your traffic situation sucks ass.......

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Very very cool!! My autoshop Professor had a 78 with 383 (that was a big deal in 1995 lol) M21 4sp on stock 14" rally wheels. Loved that car!
I have always wanted one....but living in the north east...even the garage kept cars, the frames are rusted out behind the rear tires...

You keeping stockish sleeper vibe...? Sounds like you already have a serious car...this one gonna be more of a daily?
How is the traffic in your area...? I just finished a manual swap on a crown vic as my daily and man manual is way more fun! Unless your traffic situation sucks ass.......

Pics and vids of the Vic or ban!

prs97

Established Member
A friend in high school had one. I think it was an '80 or '81 with a 350 in it. His old man owned a junk yard and he got it for $50.

Talk about bang for the buck.

Nice score OP.

Tommy Y

Established Member
Solid car. I have a 78 Landau and a 79 hardtop. Landau is a street/strip car and ran low 12's with an aluminum headed, flat tappet cam 355. 79 is a parts car. Had a 78 hardtop that I daily drove years ago that really started my love of g bodies. My current 78 has been parked a long time and will need to be gone through to get back on the road. I miss driving it, but life got in the way.

Clean, unmodified examples are getting hard to find.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Love it, grew up on these cars. I can here the squeak of the wire hub caps and the whoosh of the power brake pedal as you steer the car using it's 15 turn to lock over boosted power steering into a gentle corner as the car lists over at a 15* angle.
Damn nostalgia, I'm off to see what's available on CL.

Users who are viewing this thread