I am Fordless

colin450

Established Member
Traded my my GT500 in for a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon and sold my 2018 Raptor to get into a CTS-V. After owning a Lightning, 07 GT500, F250, 13 Raptor, 18 Raptor, this is the first time I’ve ever been Fordless (ok not really true my wife has an Explorer Sport).

Snapped some phone pics of the V after I gave it a quick rinse today. Haven’t been able to take it for a good drive because it’s not registered yet but it feels amazing so far.

abb99018e1a701a1b8a2db870b127d40.jpg

5103f4494352872e490923ad1bcb1ff2.jpg

f556dce7a8175de578b5ed7c9b3a8724.jpg

6e9d42b6cf25b81ce1e477fb043ea717.jpg

7ae96a46444faf8b252668174b351b75.jpg

eeaeea81de8900e92c10627d151e4646.jpg

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Enjoy that LT4, hits like a sledgehammer.

Are you liking the jeep over the raptor? I’m actually looking at the opposite trade, but the jeep (2010 JKU) has been my longest kept and most dependable vehicle ever. And the raptor makes that terrible noise lol

colin450

Established Member
Enjoy that LT4, hits like a sledgehammer.

Are you liking the jeep over the raptor? I’m actually looking at the opposite trade, but the jeep (2010 JKU) has been my longest kept and most dependable vehicle ever. And the raptor makes that terrible noise lol

I might be an outlier on the topic but I didn’t have great luck with my 2018 Raptor. Cam phaser, sun roof rattled like a MFer, then it stopped opening, Bluetooth would fail randomly, few times in the 2.5 years I had it it randomly wouldn’t start, would go into limp mode sometimes on long highway drives, something rattled in the front end that sounded like nuts and bolts in a coffee can, heated seat failed. I was happy to see it go. The 2013 was solid. My Jeep has been amazing so far. I love every second I’m driving it.

The first time I stuffed the gas pedal on the V it was honestly startling. My GT500 had 540 whp so I’m used to some power but the LT4 hit completely different.

Oh and the front plate.... the dealership website photos it didn’t have it, I went to FL to finalize the deal for it and it was on there. I wanted to cry. It’ll be gone soon.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I might be an outlier on the topic but I didn’t have great luck with my 2018 Raptor. Cam phaser, sun roof rattled like a MFer, then it stopped opening, Bluetooth would fail randomly, few times in the 2.5 years I had it it randomly wouldn’t start, would go into limp mode sometimes on long highway drives, something rattled in the front end that sounded like nuts and bolts in a coffee can, heated seat failed. I was happy to see it go. The 2013 was solid. My Jeep has been amazing so far. I love every second I’m driving it.

The first time I stuffed the gas pedal on the V it was honestly startling. My GT500 had 540 whp so I’m used to some power but the LT4 hit completely different.

Oh and the front plate.... the dealership website photos it didn’t have it, I went to FL to finalize the deal for it and it was on there. I wanted to cry. It’ll be gone soon.

Lol you are definitely not alone. The raptor group and the 350 group (and ownership) have juuust about scared me from buying another ford again...ever. I will admit they are both lookers though.

My jeep has less options, not much to go wrong, very simplistic and fun...I’m just to the point where i need to haul some stuff and a truck bed occasionally...and now I’m spoiled to torque and highway passing ability.

colin450

Established Member
Lol you are definitely not alone. The raptor group and the 350 group (and ownership) have juuust about scared me from buying another ford again...ever. I will admit they are both lookers though.

My jeep has less options, not much to go wrong, very simplistic and fun...I’m just to the point where i need to haul some stuff and a truck bed occasionally...and now I’m spoiled to torque and highway passing ability.

The 18 Raptor was a great truck to drive. Good power, off-road capabilities obviously, nice ride, great interior, but the small issues for a truck that had a $69k MSRP are completely unacceptable.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Pre runner to sports sedan? That's interesting lol

The V3 is awesome though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really nice looking CTS-V. Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the install of the front plate but you're going to remove it. Will you fill the bumper holes with plugs?

Your Jeep looks good, as well, Must be a lot of fun.

colin450

Established Member
Really nice looking CTS-V. Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the install of the front plate but you're going to remove it. Will you fill the bumper holes with plugs?

Your Jeep looks good, as well, Must be a lot of fun.

Yeah I think a couple plugs is the easiest route.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
this is the first time I’ve ever been Fordless (ok not really true my wife has an Explorer Sport).

Snapped some phone pics of the V after I gave it a quick rinse today. Haven’t been able to take it for a good drive because it’s not registered yet but it feels amazing so far.

Welcome to the Ford(less) club.
They've managed to become yet another car company that builds absolutely nothing (new) I'm interested in.

Nice V though! If only GM built it with a manual, I'd have one too!

Users who are viewing this thread