I Am Done. Welcome To The Civilian Life

mrose75

Established Member
Congrats!! 30 years is a loooong time. I'm at 20 (Army) and can't imagine another 10. My hats off to you. Enjoy retirement.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Welcome to the club. There will things you'll miss and things you won't. Best part is that you can grow the handle bar mustache and long hair. At least that's what I thought and I still keep it pretty short, oh well.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Congrats. I'm gonna get a bs job when I retire and then quit it the first day. Iv never just up and quit a job for no reason. I think it would give me a feeling if control for once.

Again congrats and I hope your future is smooth. 30yrs... Wow

Marc

Established Member
Thanks everyone. First day was pretty good. People are definitely nice. What sucked is I went from the guy that knew just about everything to the guy that knew nothing. :lol:

I will get used to it with time.

tjys

Established Member
Congratulations! I pulled the plug 2 years ago after 31 in the Army. I tried to retire twice before then and was always told my specialty was needed. Then they sent me to Korea to work for 3 knuckleheads and I punched out. No one but the president can keep you after 30 years of service!! My wife is still in service while I pull weeds in the yard.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Congratulations Chief. I'm about......oh, 10% of the way to where you're at lol. I don't think I'll be staying quite that long but who knows!

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Congrats on your retirement. I'm almost ready to pull the plug myself unless they keep promoting me. Good deal on the new job. Have fun and breathe.

Sirraf

Established Member
Have a good connect with my old Senior who is in charge of (DHS) Homeland Security law enforcement training. PM if interested.

Thehubster

Established Member
Congratulations!!! Im like 13 years behind you. congrats on the long career. Enjoy the civilian life but I imagine it will only take a day or two before you miss being able to just lit into someone because they are an idiot! Good luck.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Congrats and thank you for your service! 30 years is true dedication and is no joke, (im at 5 lol) I Wish you the best of luck in the future and enjoy.

krazyazian

Established Member
Much respect for anyone that can go 30 years and not go crazy! My chief did 30, retired, and started work the following Monday. Then after 6 months said WTF am I doing and quit that job...LOL. He's been partying ever since! Congrats to you Marc and good luck with your future endeavors!

Users who are viewing this thread