I always thought exotic owners were douchy...

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Appears I was wrong though! On my way home tonight from the beach, I have the pleasure of merging from the I-8 to I-5 only to find myself right behind two brand spanking new Ferrari 458 Spiders. One was white the other red. They were playing a lil and I was playing keep up to o enjoy the view. After the white one exited the red one got behind me as I pulled off the freeway, dropping my Cobra into third so he knew I meant business ;-). Regardless as I came to the two lane stop sign I waited for him to pull up next to me so I could tell him how sweet his new car was. Before I could even get a word out, he was grinning cheek to cheek and say "Damn bro, she sounds so damn sexy". I blushed a little as I said thank you and raved on about his new ride. He asked me how much I she was pushing and I might have flubbed on the numbers a little. I honestly expected him to go right past me without even a glance but he was lacteally really cool, couldn't been much older than by a year or two. Sorry if this story is pointless and redundant to others, just had to tell somebody, my girlfriend could less than two shits about domestics lol. Has anybody else dealt with some cool, respectful exotic owners or are most dicks and stuck up?

ferrari-458-spider.jpg

big_Ferrari458Spider_07.jpg

Last edited:

Thehubster

Established Member
Awesome man. They are people to, though it is true there is that stereotype of the douchy kid driving the exotic that his dad bought. If I ever make it big and can afford a car like this I wouldn't forget where I came from. Great story man.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Believe it or not a lot of Rich guys have several mustangs in their garages too. Met an old guy that saw me washing my car at his sons car wash. He complemented me on my car, and then we proceeded to talk for 4 hours about business, the airforce, and restoring cars.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Met a guy that had an SLK55 AMG and the first day of doing some work for me, he took me for a spin and then let me drive it. 6 months later I came back to do some more more and he's like, "you like cars right?" I was like, yup. Takes me out to the garage and there's a F430 Spyder sitting there and I get to take it for a drive! Two years later he gets in touch with me because he replaced the F430 with another car......... 458 Italia! Went for a spin and declined a drive because I just couldn't bring myself to do it as I was in shock he got a 458. When we talked previously, he said he'd never get one because the wait it too long and he like the F430.

Without a doubt the nicest guy I've ever met. Not everyone gets the chance to see cars like this, let alone sit in them. He says he enjoys taking people for a ride any chance he gets fort that very reason. I know he had a neighbor stop over with a 16 yo nephew and he let the nephew take the F430 out for a spin.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Most people I meet that have exotics are very nice. As stated they have/had Mustangs and such as well. Sadly the people in my Porsche club are pretty snooty. They really feel because they spent a lot on their cars, that they are above the average Joe. Shame I had to put a few in place unexpectedly at a few driver events. Funny how quickly they become humble.

Stock non turbo and even some older turbo (964,993, and 996's) are quick but no where near the performance they seem to think they have compared to some more modern muscle like our Cobra's, Z06's, or Camaro's.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
A buddy of mine owns all sorts of exotics and at the end of the day he is just as much a car guy as any of us, he will sit around in the garage and eat burgers and drink beer....he just happens to have a lot deeper pockets. But he still loves mostly all things cars.

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Yeah, I guess I find it more surprising especially out here in San Diego as most people are snooty to begin with, regardless if they are into cars or not lol. But I think the best part of my night was him complimenting me on my ride instead of just saying thank you and going about his way. I would love to take an exotic for a ride, hell I would be happy with an fun ride along in one of the faster Cobra down here as Ive never ridden in a Terminator. But to drive, I would be way to respectful to even consider blipping the throttle.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I knew one guy who owned a Ferrari and a couple Porches. I actually know the family quite well. I have known their son since the third grade. They are like an extended family. Some of the coolest people out there. I would imagine many people with exotics feel better than everyone else since they have some more cash. Although Treynor on here seems like a very cool guy.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a side job where I worked at a country club.

Out of the 5-6 guys I knew that had exotics, they were all very cool and down to earth.
Would chat over sports, cars and career.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
There are 2 types of exotic drivers. People who drive the car because it's what they have always dreamed of owning and driving and people who use the car as a fashion statement, usually with too much money. The latter crowd are most likely the douches. You encounted an exotic car enthusiast. Most likely, they have had performance oriented cars in the past such as Mustangs / Turbo AWD cars etc.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I have met way more douchey Corvette and Mustang owners than exotics. True enthusiasts are awesome, good story.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
There are 2 types of exotic drivers. People who drive the car because it's what they have always dreamed of owning and driving and people who use the car as a fashion statement, usually with too much money. The latter crowd are most likely the douches. You encounted an exotic car enthusiast. Most likely, they have had performance oriented cars in the past such as Mustangs / Turbo AWD cars etc.

I suspect many exotic owners love cars and realize how relatively rare they are......as such, many are willing to share their experiences and cars....enthusiasts enjoy enthusiasts

04svtterm

Established Member
that's good to hear. Truth be told, I've met many laid back/humble guys owning exotics. Few DBs, but it was expected. I actually have met more douchebags/ assholes in mustangs and camaros than anything. Followed closely by the honda crowd.

usually these guys driving exotics have multiple vehicles and own a wide array of them.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I was at PBIR with RioRedSnake last year during super car week last year and we shot the shit with this really cool investment banker who had literally just picked up a California, he took me for a spin and then let me drive it back to the track. Awesome dude and just a genuine car guy, he said his favorite part of owning exotics is letting other people share in the fun with him

paintless302

Established Member
I have the privilege of hanging out with some well to do chaps, and **gasp** they are just regular people. Some are a bit more opinionated that others, but in the end as Kat said, enthusiasts are enthusiasts. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread