I almost regret getting the Cobra

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Well some of you know that my car was in the dealership for the ticking head issue. Well after 2 and 1/2 weeks and replaced drivers side head I get my car back. The car is running great and the tick is gone. Well it's 1 week later and last night as I was getting out of my car I hear this knocking noise. I then grab a hose and start listening to the head to see if the tick was back. Well the head wasn't ticking. I then get under the car and there it was. It's either a spun main bearing or a wristpin going out. I have an apointment on Thurday to bring it in.

I am really starting to regret getting rid of my 2002 Steeda GT :bash:

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Be strong. This car is worth it.

Thanks man. I am just frustrated since I have only had the car a little over 1 month and it's already been at the dealer for almost half of that.

03CobraRed

Established Member
Hey my car has pretty bad blowby as a result of the tick, I am taking it in on Feb. 1st to get the heads replaced and make sure everything else it ok. I still ran a 12.02 @ 117 with pretty bad blowby, I cant wait to get this car back when its done.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraRed
Hey my car has pretty bad blowby as a result of the tick, I am taking it in on Feb. 1st to get the heads replaced and make sure everything else it ok. I still ran a 12.02 @ 117 with pretty bad blowby, I cant wait to get this car back when its done.
I have noticed that since I got it back that it used about 1 quart of oil in about 600 miles. Something is not right.

I hope yours doesnt sit at the dealer like mine did ;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
That's why I'm concerned about taking my car in. God forbid they make it worse. Best of luck.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
That's why I'm concerned about taking my car in. God forbid they make it worse. Best of luck.

Thanks man I am keeping my fingers crossed.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
well its not to bad
if your cars in the shop
for 30 days its Lemon
you get a brand new one!!!!!!

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
^^^^well if u regret it u can always trade it for my gt, no problems with her at all^^^^

Last edited:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^i mean look at her, shes a beauty^^^^^^^^^^^^

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Really sorry about bad luck.....Let's all hope it really isn't bottom end failure......If it is, definately a character building experience. Hang in there!

SaleenSR

Established Member
Hey you could give me your car. I think that would solve your problem. I will take great care with it.:)

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by xVENOMx
well its not to bad
if your cars in the shop
for 30 days its Lemon
you get a brand new one!!!!!!

It isnt even close to that easy...

You dont just lemon it and forget it...

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
hey i called it first:cryying: , plus i got a trade :thumbsup:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
well of course ur not gonna just walk in be like, LEMON, and drive away in a new cobra, the dealer isnt gonna wanna just hand it to you, but its the law, and if they say they wont give it to u they can get in a lot of crap

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Wow thanks for all the kind words. I am new to this site and I am very glad to be a part of it.

I just finished putting all the stock stuff back on including the Xpipe. Do you think that they will try to void my warranty because of the Catback?

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
Well, I too have a 2003 Cobra, After reading these forums, I went outside (like a paranoid fool) and listened for every noise possible. The tick turned out to be my cats just "breaking in" and the other little noises I had fixed by magnaflow exhaust (that and the Mach 460 fix everything). The only problem I had was a pull to the right. That is now fixed also thanks to Jim Click Ford in Tucson (shout out for my boyz). Now my car is perfect excet for those defective rear tires that seem to "vanish" when I drive.

Users who are viewing this thread