I almost regret getting the Cobra

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
this is only a wild guess:shrug: ........cause with out hearing it in person.....well you know.

some 03s have had piston skirt clearance noises(pistons a little loose in the bores....... sound just like a wrist pin(almost)....but is far more probable than a wrist pin.....IMHO

hopefully your dealer will fix it with out any hassles... what ever it is.

good luck to you:thumbsup:

sorry to to hear about your misfortune..... please don't get discouraged......
sometimes stuff happens at these performance levels/in this price range......
actually even m3s and vettes have had engine problems pop up........... hang in there:beer:

WHITESNAKEVERT

Established Member
Venom,

The lemon laws vary from state to state. Florida is different than Ct. Here if the car is in the shop for more than a total of 15 days you MUST send Ford a certified letter starting the process. They then get one more chance to fix the car. If they fail to fix it you can apply for the refund/exchange or what you want. If the car is in the shop for more than two weeks after you send the notice you also qualify for the refund. BUT the process (or timeframe) does not start until you send the certified letter. They can try 100 times and keep the car forever until you start the clock with the letter.

They also can appeal that the defect does not affect the safety, durability or value of the vehicle, etc... and tie up te process for a while. They have 100 ways to beat you if they try. My buddy just had his vehicle repurchased and it was a long hard process.

Leo

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Neoclasiccl
Wow thanks for all the kind words. I am new to this site and I am very glad to be a part of it.

I just finished putting all the stock stuff back on including the Xpipe. Do you think that they will try to void my warranty because of the Catback?

Depends on the dealer. I would'nt worrie about it. I asked my dealer about my mods and got the ok from them. SO if their's any problems i'll go right to the guy that said it's ok. X-pipe,catback, and cia are the most dealer friendly mods you can get. Also a shifter is ok unless you have transmission issues then you might want to stick with stock till it's fixed. Hope this helps :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Best of luck with your dealer. Hopefully he'll get the car right and you'll be happy from that point. Others have had major issues and got them resolved so there is no reason to believe you won't as well.

Hey xVenomx, show us a pic of your GT!!!

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
cobrabob, thats a pic of her in my sig, tryin 2 sell her so i can get the cobra, the dealer wont give me what its worth. i would of had magnapacks on her and sum nittos but i decided its not worth it when i could buy the cobra sum stingers and nittos

grnenvy

Established Member
Sounds like they got anti-freeze in the oil when changing the head and you spun a bearing or have a Rod knock. Anti-freeze in the oil can really mess a motor up. They should have changed the oil twice after getting anti-freeze in the oil (motor).

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
shes duurrty as all hell, gonna have to clean her all up when/if i sell her

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Well here is an update on my car. They are sending a ford rep out to listen to my car on monday. I am hoping that this means a new engine. I will keep everyone informed what they say.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread