Hyundai N Line Sonata

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I would drive that Fusion until the end of time before I paid $30k for a Hyundai Sonata.

I don't know why, but this made me lol.

I have to imagine the Fusion moves pretty well with the tune. My neighbor has one, but I don't think he has any clue what he bought. Solid sleeper potential with the 2.7 and AWD.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Get the Fusion Energi, and the car will pay for itself in gas savings.we have the 2017 Titanium Energi. Average about 800 a tank.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
For a mile commute I'd get a used bicycle.

As for the car if you like it and you simply want out of the Fusion, go for it. Hyundai has come a very long way and I think are on par with Toyota, and have surpassed Honda.

Being so close to paying off my Shelby, Even recommending a payment is hard for me right now lol. But Hyundai is G2G, if not for their impressive warranty.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I would rather have the comparable Kia K5 if you're dead set on the Sonata. The Kia/Hyundai group have seriously upped their game these days and pretty hard not to be considered. If you're not in a hurry, you might want to wait a second until the full reveal of the upcoming Elantra N comes to light.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Nope not dead set on this car or anything....just want something fun to drive, quick, 4 door, auto so the wife can drive as well. I'll put snow tires on it and drive it all year.

The Fusion Sport has fit the bill but is getting up there in miles because my previous job was 40mi each way and the miles really stacked up over 4 years. I am a manager at a multi branded import dealership so I can get a very nice discount and top dollar for my trade. That's never a problem. Don't really care about resale because I'll keep it for at least 5 or more years.

I would enjoy some other ideas for a quick sedan, want new, in that mid to low $30 price range.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Since you have VIP access to imports, what about a gently used Stinger?
TRD Camry's are kinda sharp looking too.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Since you have VIP access to imports, what about a gently used Stinger?
TRD Camry's are kinda sharp looking too.
The stinger is a possibility, but a N line Hyundai appeals to me more then a used Stinger.

The Camry TRD is a possibility. I really like the way they look. I like the idea of running a tune for increases boost, so I would need to be content with the 300hp the Camry offers.

I've been happy with the fusion but truthfully other sedans in that price range are much nicer now. You can tell Ford is done putting R&D money into the fusion.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The newer Maximas are surprisingly fast but they use a CVT. Not sure what pricing is on them, but of all of the sedans I have driven they are some of the most fun along with the Infiniti Q50s. If you go low miles used I'm pretty sure they can be had for 30k. I've only driven the new Camry with the 4cyl but the chassis and everything on those is actually very sporty as well. With the V6 I bet they are pretty fun, but the Hyundais have come a long ways too. The N line vehicles have all had pretty good reviews.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
The newer Maximas are surprisingly fast but they use a CVT. Not sure what pricing is on them, but of all of the sedans I have driven they are some of the most fun along with the Infiniti Q50s. If you go low miles used I'm pretty sure they can be had for 30k. I've only driven the new Camry with the 4cyl but the chassis and everything on those is actually very sporty as well. With the V6 I bet they are pretty fun, but the Hyundais have come a long ways too. The N line vehicles have all had pretty good reviews.
Cool. I'll check out a maxima, and the Infinity as well. Looking for something with a sportier edge to it than what my Fusion Sport has. I like my Sport but it's not quite hard core enough for me. I wish it was a bit more like my Focus RS I had.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
For a mile commute I'd get a used bicycle.

As for the car if you like it and you simply want out of the Fusion, go for it. Hyundai has come a very long way and I think are on par with Toyota, and have surpassed Honda.

Being so close to paying off my Shelby, Even recommending a payment is hard for me right now lol. But Hyundai is G2G, if not for their impressive warranty.

I’d go all out and get a new bike. YOLO!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Cool. I'll check out a maxima, and the Infinity as well. Looking for something with a sportier edge to it than what my Fusion Sport has. I like my Sport but it's not quite hard core enough for me. I wish it was a bit more like my Focus RS I had.
if this is the case, the Sonata is not the right car for you

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Drive the Fusion until the new Elantra N(Not the N-line) comes out. That thing is going to be a killer sedan. 275hp, LSD diff and active suspension/exhaust should be a total riot. Its smaller than a Fusion/Sonata but the drivetrain alone will be worth it.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
if this is the case, the Sonata is not the right car for you
You may be right. I'll drive it when it comes out. I can tell you the Sonata Limited is a lot nicer car then my fusion sport.

Elantra size would be ok. I'll keep my eye out for that N. Your right it's gonna be a sweet little ride.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Take a look at the Genesis G-70 2.0T offerings. Less expensive than the 3.3L TT V6 and less power (252/260 vs. 365/376), but they're great cars. The 2.0 starts at $34,900 and the 3.3 starts at $43,750.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Take a look at the Genesis G-70 2.0T offerings. Less expensive than the 3.3L TT V6 and less power (252/260 vs. 365/376), but they're great cars. The 2.0 starts at $34,900 and the 3.3 starts at $43,750.
I was thinking of looking at those but it would need to be a huge discount off of sticker because slightly used are like half price from new lol. Really leaning towards new because of the tax savings.

I have not looked at them personally but would you think they are closer to luxury then sportiness?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I was thinking of looking at those but it would need to be a huge discount off of sticker because slightly used are like half price from new lol. Really leaning towards new because of the tax savings.

I have not looked at them personally but would you think they are closer to luxury then sportiness?

I've been thinking on this and it wont be a popular decision, but I HIGHLY suggest looking at a 2018ish BMW 340i. Absolute rocket - and a CPO will get you 2-3 yrs unlimited miles warranty. They are NOT as expensive as you may think but SOLID.

Users who are viewing this thread