hydroboost Lines

laddanator

Established Member
I'm doing a wire tuck on my Cobra. Not a fan of the stock hydroboost, look wise. Is there an aftermarket fitting, and line kit to replace the stock with?

Woody6799

Established Member
Not a kit, but you can move it all over to AN fittings.

PowerSteeringLineMap_zpst5bepwpr.jpg

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Did this a few months back and I followed the diagram above except I ordered the maximum Motorsports rack fittings and I welded a -6 fitting on the hydroboost nipple to make everything braided hose.the high pressure ptfe hoses can be a pain because they don't swivel but you just have to adjust the ends a little.
image.jpg45_zpstam896ht.jpg

image.jpg44_zpspkhryfvj.jpg

image.jpg43_zpsxiti2jin.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
That looks awesome.

I ended up stripping and polishing the stock lines on mine. I might have to look into this a little more.

DSC02652_zpsxgnvxptb.jpg

DSC02627_zpsxvcieqos.jpg

Last edited:

1raresnake

Established Member
Did this a few months back and I followed the diagram above except I ordered the maximum Motorsports rack fittings and I welded a -6 fitting on the hydroboost nipple to make everything braided hose.the high pressure ptfe hoses can be a pain because they don't swivel but you just have to adjust the ends a little.

What brand of lines did you use?

laddanator

Established Member
Just seeing the photos, thanks! How hard are the motor mount bolts to get now with the AN fittings on the rack end?

laddanator

Established Member

Nice! Also, you said you used MM 6an fittings. The one rack fitting to T calls for a 8an. I assume since you used the 6an, you also used a 6an T for the low pressure side?

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
This winter while doing a bunch of work in front of the car I will be doing -6 line for the PS. Going with Earls black anodize fitting with black hose.
Thanks 04whitesvtlight for the pictures! Did you mount the PS reservoir inside the fender?

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I went a different route for more clearance that actually turned out a little cheaper. Cut/flare the lines where it's hard tubing for a 3/8 JIC (8AN) end. You can then run 3/8" hard line to splice between them, tucking it along the frame rail. It's cheaper, more robust, and provides more clearance. The downside is it's more time consuming as you tweak all the bends to line up just right. And if you're like me you throw out 10ft of line because something didn't come out as desired.

Users who are viewing this thread