Hydroboost and MC temporary removal on 03/04 Cobra

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Before I get ripped, I have looked online and did not see a definitive answer or write up. I saw some posts, but maybe I need a better operator behind the keyboard for searches...

Can anybody provide pics, write up, or explain if and can I remove the hydroboost and MC without causing much angst during reassembly? I will go on record to state it is not a must, but have the motor out and want to weld up some of the gunshot holes in the fender wells before painting and reassembly. The hydroboost and MC assembly is in the way and so I wanted to ask.

It appears you can take it apart, but what is the best way to remove both or one with minimal effort for reassembly...or is it not feasible? Thanks

03' White Snake

Established Member
With the engine out, it should be a piece of cake. In this thread is pretty good directions and pics in the first post.

Drain MC, remove lines from bottom. Un-plug it. 2 nuts hold it to the hydroboost. Remove it.

Go in the foot area on drivers side, remove connections to brake pedal. (see post above for images). 4 nuts hold it to the fire wall. Fold it out of the way in engine bay. No lines should need to be touched on the hydroboost. They can all stay attached.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
When I pull mine.
Brake pedal.
Pull pin,to remove rod,

I used a deep chrome socket, Than universal with long extension to remove 3 bolts on inside for booster,
Than on front side same for the last bolt,,
I only unbolted master cylinder from booster,,no lines need to be touched or removed if just moving unit to work.

On the master cylinder lines. Just below on frame is a bracket holding lines. Just remove bolt,jack car up to open wheel well above tire,,

You can Than now use long extension to remove that 1 bolt,

Remove battery,,

The hydroboost Than can be pulled,master cylinder will just hang where it is. And booster will move to where battery was,,tie it back to hold.

When you install back.

You will need to reset the cruise control switch on left side of brake pedal..simple.

Switch is plastic, has a rod that just hooks on side ,lift it up to remove,
Push rod back into switch,it will click,,Than reconnect hook but push brake to this rod to connect,

Caution,,
Rod for brake light switch,,

Has a tiny white bushing,,watch how it comes out,,
Its a ford part only,sold in bag of 2,,very cheap but getting the part may take I smart manager to find,,common stock luckily

Users who are viewing this thread