Hurst Chrome Stick & associated Parts for Steeda Tri Ax

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
I finally got all the parts for this thing so I'm going to post it since it was a mild PITA to find this stuff. I have the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter but wanted the FRPP/Hurst Chrome stick and ball. I bought it but it doesn't work w/ the Tri-Ax. So I went another route and bought the Hurst Chrome stick (P/N 538-7201), Jam Nut (HUU-1794719), Hurst Boot Support (HUR-1140015). The threads on the stick are 3/8x16. So all these part numbers work together. I bought the Grabber Pony custom shifter ball and it didn't come w/ the Jam Nut. I went to all the hardware/fastener stores here in my small town and to no avail. Made some phone calls and basically talked to Summit Racing and they hooked me up (Thanks Vinnie). All in all I believe after shipping etc it cost me probably just a little over the price of the FRPP Stick/Ball. I'm sure this stick will work w/ Pro 5.0 and others. The FRPP Shifter as well as the Shelby Shifter are different set ups. I hope this helps.

Rob
2009-07-26130754.jpg

2009-07-26130745.jpg

2009-07-26130803.jpg

Last edited:

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
You are correct but I didn't want to pay the ridiculous "Evolution" price. So I found the shifter and everything online for less than $400 after all was said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread