Humming Sound

Jaceracer

Established Member
Hey guys its me again sorry i know i'm a pain in the ass about stuff but i do have a weird thing going on, so at idle with the hood up i can hear a strange loud humming sound that seems to be more present on the passenger side rather then the driver and it seems to follow the engine rpm also when driving. It almost resembles a power steering noise but its not i have ruled that out 100 percent. i have test parts and have tried the pcv and the IAC which are both fine, the truck runs great no troubles its just a sound that doesn't belong if that makes sense. I'm wondering can that pcv hose that goes to the bottom of the turkey pan make noise if it has collasped on itself? I'm not getting a lean code or any codes at all that would indicate a problem back there but its just kind of on my mind. i'm hoping one of you have experienced this noise and maybe can help me out thank you.

Last edited:

Jaceracer

Established Member
So upon further investigation it is the power steering pump. i bought a stethoscope and isolated it to that, it just has a weird sound transfer to other places underhood depending on where you stand if that makes sense, but nontheless it is the pump =(

Users who are viewing this thread