HP Tuners Question

gt347mustang

Established Member
What did you find disappointing about it ?

The channel selection was very limited. For example ait2(post intercooler temp wasn't available for cobras. It only had about 12-15 channels iirc.

For the limited channels I had available the update rate was well less than 1hz. On the last datalog I reviewed I'd have a datapoint point every 3 seconds. For diagnosing a thermostat or something like that was great, for actually trying to tune a car it's useless. I'd have two data points for a 3-7krpm dyno pull. I have better data from a $40 pep-boys generic scanner.

I tried to get help through hptuners support, but the contact there Jim essentially told me what I had is the best it's going to be and there were no plans to make the software better. Jim also was the support guy for the ngaguge which confused me... that's probably a whole different topic tho.

I stopped using hptuners for older Ford ecus following that experience. I still use it for 05+ fords and gen3+ GM's, it's great for those platforms.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

HPTuners

Established Member
Usually when it comes to our VCM Scanner if there are any specific channels that you do not see but would like to add, you can reach out to [email protected] and they will try to add it.

I would recommend updating to the latest beta (Downloads – HPTuners) and trying to scan again to see if it is a better experience for you. I know there has been some progress made on improving scanner functionality but I'm not exactly sure which platforms it applies to.

I'm not sure when you talked to Jim about this but maybe he had different information at the time. Jim also own's his own shop and works a lot with the nGauge, so although we at HP Tuners do not make that product, he may have been able to provide you with some information on it.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the product on the newer platforms, and hope we can improve the scanner to work the way you want it to on all your vehicles.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the product on the newer platforms, and hope we can improve the scanner to work the way you want it to on all your vehicles.

From your response I don't have high hopes it was fixed. I already reached out to support and didn't get help.

If you want to send me 2 credits to tune another 04 or earlier car I'd try again but there no way I'd pay to have the same experience again.

Users who are viewing this thread