HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This simply hasn't been a big factor in the LS world. I don't see why the Mustang would would be vastly different.

Neither do I. Not to mention that you can read out custom tunes with existing products, yet you aren't hearing anyone complain about that. I suppose HPTuners does make it easier.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If a tuner is really that good then this will not be a factor. People will still want to get tuned by someone that has a good reputation.

yes this is true as for me I like AED so I will continue my business with them. but tuners will still lose business. no way around it. people will always look for a cheaper way to do things.

example: if joe blow has a 2014 GT with intake and exhaust and a tune from AED. Then say john doe gets a 2014 GT and buys the same mods but instead gets HP tuners and rips the tune off the AED tune car. he then has a free tune to plug into his car and share with the rest of the buddys. at that point those who like to save money and lets be real Mustang owners can be some of the cheapest people in the performance world can now share the tune and make adjustments to there needs or blow it up if they don't know what they are doing.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
yes this is true as for me I like AED so I will continue my business with them. but tuners will still lose business. no way around it. people will always look for a cheaper way to do things.

example: if joe blow has a 2014 GT with intake and exhaust and a tune from AED. Then say john doe gets a 2014 GT and buys the same mods but instead gets HP tuners and rips the tune off the AED tune car. he then has a free tune to plug into his car and share with the rest of the buddys. at that point those who like to save money and lets be real Mustang owners can be some of the cheapest people in the performance world can now share the tune and make adjustments to there needs or blow it up if they don't know what they are doing.

I agree 100%. This is what I have been saying. And if you say you doubt it will happen, that is because you 1. want the ability to do it OR 2. Have a lot of time and $ invested in creating this program and you want it to sell ;)

mhyjek

Established Member

Yes that will happen but if they cheaped out with the tune side of the equation also probably did the install on their own and if they get the tune from their buddy and they are able to figure out how to recode their computer so the tune works what are the chances of them doing a perfect installation as well? So when the car doesn't run well because lets say a tube is loose or spark plugs are the wrong heat range or the tune was for 93 and they have 91 only... Shaun only dyno tunes blown cars for a reason, even if he has tuned the same setup before there are way to many variables that can be off. So I doubt a guy who spends say 5k on a used kit is going to cheap out $600 for a dyno tune also if he does what are the chances its download, plug, and play??? To be honest I don't see a downside if anything after a couple cheapskates blow up their motors probably tuners can get a more of premium for FI dyno tunes because people will realize the complexity involved. Also I think there will be a lot of people awakening that its more than AFR and timing involved and will get out of the deep end of the pool. Just my opinion...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So you're saying the Mustang crowd is full of thieves and dishonest pieces of garbage?infactInteresting.

LS1 guys are just as bad. Also there are lestss gm tuners left on the west coast because of do yourself tuners. Infact ive even see these do it yourself gm tuners blow up and wreck cars at our local track a few times.

yngrshr

Established Member
LS1 guys are just as bad. Also there are lestss gm tuners left on the west coast because of do yourself tuners. Infact ive even see these do it yourself gm tuners blow up and wreck cars at our local track a few times.

You just said that they are "2 different worlds." Now they are just as bad? That makes no sense.

At the end of the day, widespread theft of tunes is not a major issue in the LS community. The guys that do it either fail to improve the tunes (since, you know, no tune is one car fits all) and lose customers that way or get called out on HPTuners, LS1Tech, etc. for the shens.

If they are "2 different worlds," then you are insinuating that there would be widespread theft of tunes in the Mustang community (which would mean that "the Mustang crowd is full of thieves and dishonest pieces of garbage") since this isn't an issue in the LS community. I mean, I can't imagine the Mustang community being a "different world[]" from the LS community and I certainly haven't noticed that yet at all.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You just said that they are "2 different worlds." Now they are just as bad? That makes no sense.

At the end of the day, widespread theft of tunes is not a major issue in the LS community. The guys that do it either fail to improve the tunes (since, you know, no tune is one car fits all) and lose customers that way or get called out on HPTuners, LS1Tech, etc. for the shens.

If they are "2 different worlds," then you are insinuating that there would be widespread theft of tunes in the Mustang community (which would mean that "the Mustang crowd is full of thieves and dishonest pieces of garbage") since this isn't an issue in the LS community. I mean, I can't imagine the Mustang community being a "different world[]" from the LS community and I certainly haven't noticed that yet at all.

They are 2 different worlds but it doesn't change the fact people in all performance cars have scum bags. infact there are even scum bag tuners that cant wait to steal tunes from the Top tuners so they can be on par with them. I see your new to the fords so it may take some time for you too understand that's fine. we are from 2 different states and we see things differently.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I agree 100%. This is what I have been saying. And if you say you doubt it will happen, that is because you 1. want the ability to do it OR 2. Have a lot of time and $ invested in creating this program and you want it to sell ;)

fact is people choose to believe and what they want to believe. On top of that they have no business experience so they lack the knowledge needed to understand that part.

Yes that will happen but if they cheaped out with the tune side of the equation also probably did the install on their own and if they get the tune from their buddy and they are able to figure out how to recode their computer so the tune works what are the chances of them doing a perfect installation as well? So when the car doesn't run well because lets say a tube is loose or spark plugs are the wrong heat range or the tune was for 93 and they have 91 only... Shaun only dyno tunes blown cars for a reason, even if he has tuned the same setup before there are way to many variables that can be off. So I doubt a guy who spends say 5k on a used kit is going to cheap out $600 for a dyno tune also if he does what are the chances its download, plug, and play??? To be honest I don't see a downside if anything after a couple cheapskates blow up their motors probably tuners can get a more of premium for FI dyno tunes because people will realize the complexity involved. Also I think there will be a lot of people awakening that its more than AFR and timing involved and will get out of the deep end of the pool. Just my opinion...

those same people that will cheap out to try and get a free tune are the Same guys that we even have on this site that are too cheap to buy a tune and will install a CAI on a stock 5.0 and when it blows up. they go back to ford an want warranty on a new motor. anyone that has been on this site long enough and has been keeping up on the site have seen this many times.

yngrshr

Established Member
They are 2 different worlds but it doesn't change the fact people in all performance cars have scum bags. infact there are even scum bag tuners that cant wait to steal tunes from the Top tuners so they can be on par with them. I see your new to the fords so it may take some time for you too understand that's fine. we are from 2 different states and we see things differently.

Being from two different states is meaningless when the internet is available in all 50 (maybe not Montana, though).

You now claim that they are two different worlds again after saying that they are largely the same a second ago. Again, which is it? Either the Ford community is filled with complete degenerates who will steal and thieve way more than the LS community and will actively encourage theft or it's similar to the LS community and there will be minimal theft and lots of call outs for the people that do steal.

I AM new to the Ford community so I'm asking why you think the community is so vastly different from the LS community. You're not doing a good job explaining since you constantly contradict yourself.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Being from two different states is meaningless when the internet is available in all 50 (maybe not Montana, though).

You now claim that they are two different worlds again after saying that they are largely the same a second ago. Again, which is it? Either the Ford community is filled with complete degenerates who will steal and thieve way more than the LS community and will actively encourage theft or it's similar to the LS community and there will be minimal theft and lots of call outs for the people that do steal.

I AM new to the Ford community so I'm asking why you think the community is so vastly different from the LS community. You're not doing a good job explaining since you constantly contradict yourself.

Sorry bud can't help you.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm working on a way to implement a way for tuners that are really concerned about their file being read out, to have the ability to prevent this from happening.

Glad this is getting back on topic.

I've been working on getting the datalogging working this week, and have made good progress. I'll keep you all updated.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm working on a way to implement a way for tuners that are really concerned about their file being read out, to have the ability to prevent this from happening.

I've been working on getting the datalogging working this week, and have made good progress. I'll keep you all updated.

Thats good to hear.

yngrshr

Established Member

This is good because it still allows the end user to either demand the tune to be unlocked or go to another tuner. It's a solid compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread