Hp/TQ??

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Hey guys hope i am not beating a dead horse.. Have not had time to take my girl to go get dyno after the new mods just wondering if any one could chip in and give me some estimate on some #.. Oh ya MODS.. Cobra upper/Lower Manifold.. B Cam.. BBk Equal headers.. BBK CAI.. Under Drive Pulleys.. After market H-Pipe With high flow cats.. Flows with Dumps.. Did have a new Timing chain put on if that matters.. Thanx for the input..:banana:

geoffc

Established Member
~250/300. The numbers don't really matter. Just use the dyno as a tuning tool. The numbers will vary depending on the dyno, setup, etc...
You can take the car to the track, then use an online calculator to find your approximate power. Timeslips are what really matters anyways.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I will use my 5.0 car for example being its been on the dyno for every setup to give you an idea, I made 240rwhp and 270 rwtq with pretty much same setup.

Heres some numbers for stock,bolt on, full bolt on setups in the past on my car

stock baseline with just flowmaster catback
201rwhp 245rwtq

bolt ons
untuned-220rwhp/240rwtq tuned- 226rwhp 244rwtq

full bolt ons intake manifold stage 1 comp cam
240rwhp / 270rwtq

Last edited:

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
~250/300. The numbers don't really matter. Just use the dyno as a tuning tool. The numbers will vary depending on the dyno, setup, etc...
You can take the car to the track, then use an online calculator to find your approximate power. Timeslips are what really matters anyways.

I will use my 5.0 car for example being its been on the dyno for every setup to give you an idea, I made 240rwhp and 270 rwtq with pretty much same setup.

Heres some numbers for stock,bolt on, full bolt on setups in the past on my car

stock baseline with just flowmaster catback
201rwhp 245rwtq

bolt ons
untuned-220rwhp/240rwtq tuned- 226rwhp 244rwtq

full bolt ons intake manifold stage 1 comp cam
240rwhp / 270rwtq

Thanx guys i know i need to get off my ass and put it on the dyno.. just not a hole lot of time to play with.. Dame thats it for # well i guess not to bad could be worse.. just thought with bolt ons and came would put out more that 240/270 but i guess there is always room for improvement.. Thanx again guys..:shrug:

TX93Cobra

Established Member
i have ported gt40 heads e303 5speed shorties, o/r x, u/d pulleys, ported intake, CAI--chipped and tuned-265/304 on a 100 degree day in texas =). i wouldnt expect more that 255 with the stock heads but people seem to get high numbers sometimes...

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Thanx guys i know i need to get off my ass and put it on the dyno.. just not a hole lot of time to play with.. Dame thats it for # well i guess not to bad could be worse.. just thought with bolt ons and came would put out more that 240/270 but i guess there is always room for improvement.. Thanx again guys..:shrug:

yea what holds these cars back are the heads the stock e7 heads are junk.

i have ported gt40 heads e303 5speed shorties, o/r x, u/d pulleys, ported intake, CAI--chipped and tuned-265/304 on a 100 degree day in texas =). i wouldnt expect more that 255 with the stock heads but people seem to get high numbers sometimes...

dont forget you also have acobra which has gt40 heads and you ported them so I wouldnt think more then I made because when i made 240rwhp my shop acted like that was high numbers on stock e7 heads, I mean i was expcting more to but they said it was good, the stock heads suck,heads make a good 25-50rwhp diff easily or more with bigger heads on stroker motors 40-50+rwhp sometimes ive seen 50-100rwhp diff

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
yea what holds these cars back are the heads the stock e7 heads are junk.

dont forget you also have acobra which has gt40 heads and you ported them so I wouldnt think more then I made because when i made 240rwhp my shop acted like that was high numbers on stock e7 heads, I mean i was expcting more to but they said it was good, the stock heads suck,heads make a good 25-50rwhp diff easily or more with bigger heads on stroker motors 40-50+rwhp sometimes ive seen 50-100rwhp diff

Thanx guys so i guess the solution is get some heads.. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread