Hp capabilities

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's a great h-beam rod. The issue won't be the rod at 1000whp unless you spin the mill clear to 8000rpm.

Be more concerned about your cooling, fuel and oil systems. Verify that you have reversed passenger tensioner, billet guides, etc.

Stock hbeams aren't even that bad if the engine isn't running hot, or stressed with back pressure.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Those MMR rods would be right at their limit at 1k. Most live others have failed, they used to upcharge for ARP 2000 rod bolts as well, without those I wouldn't trust them.

Your largest concern would be did you opt for the ARP head studs as again they didn't come with those either.

boosted4v

Established Member
Thank fellas it would help if I would've posted more info I do have arp head studs, arp2000 upgraded rod bolts as well with Manley pistons, arp main studs, billet tss oil pump gears I hope that helps get me around 1000rwhp I'm running an automatic also I'm putting 720 to the tires right now.And for tt335ci03cobra do you think I sure just count my loss and buy some Oliver rods for insurance or use what I've got?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Molnar turbo rods are a very affordable option. Are you using their stock stroke setup or one of their new stroker setups?

Remeber 1krwhp through an auto is significantly more than 1k through a manual. At 720rwhp you are probably nearing 1krwhp if you had a stick in it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If the cost isn't too excessive, and you have a trustworthy engine builder or are able to do it uourself, springing for a stronger rod is a great idea for peace of mind.

The biggest concerns would still be the overall efficiency of the powertrain. It's far easier to find the limits of any rod, piston, or crank if there is too much heat, back pressure, play in the timing geartrain, etc.

Assuming the oil, cooling, and fuel systems are healthy for the task, the rods won't be a total concern unless you are spinning north of 6500 and into 7500rpm while running hot burning fuels like pump gas.

That all said, I rarely run 1000whp, but opted for Oliver rods... I have an overkill theory. Build it once, build it to last. A tear down/new engine is much pricier than a refresh.

boosted4v

Established Member
Yes nightmare302 I am running stock stroke 4.6 rods and I didn't take that in consideration on the manual to automatic hp difference and tt335ci03cobra I mske that power right at 6000 rmp give or take a few my tuner let's off the petal completely as soon as I hit 6k

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Molnar was the lead engineer at Oliver then co-created K1 now runs his own brand. Multiple big HP/RPM cars running their turbo rods. With that said I use Manley.

Users who are viewing this thread