HP 2nd Generation Hotside Piping?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Is anyone here running HP's second generation hotside piping? I have the first generation HP piping and I think that's well done, but I absolutely love their new setup as it looks great and should support massive amounts of power. Anyone have any pics of it on their cars?

With it's "longtube" style primaries and 3" downpipes and x-pipe I find it to be very appealing, and as an existing HP customer I am able to upgrade to their new hotside piping for $1995 and I'm kinda thinking about it.... My new setup will be twin GT35R's and I have a goal of 1000+rwhp, but I wonder what difference this could make for me....

Anyways here are some pics of what it looks like:

96-04MOD4.6TT-Front%20Low.jpg

96-04MOD4.6TT-%20Driver%20Front.jpg

96-04MOD4.6TT-%20Passenger%20Side.jpg

96-04MOD4.6TT-%20Driver%20Side.jpg

blowngt

Established Member
For $2k you should be able to get something much better in stainless.

I've got an HP kit, but there service is so bad, I won't spend another penny with them.

I'm amazed they're still in business.

Do yourself a favor and find someone local. It'll get done better, faster, and cheaper......

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
That kit does look absolutely amazing, but, for that price, you can probably have someone fab you the entire hot side and make it exactly how you want it.

Or you can just get it since they seem to have already done it right. I'm interested in seeing whether or not people have any results of this hot side on their Cobra's already.

Your Terminator is already wicked too, bro. :)

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
What's so bad about the piping? It's probably one of the best designed kits out there and I can definitely guarantee there is nobody near me that can make piping anywhere near that good.... I'm not that hung up on stainless, coated piping looks a hell of a lot better and runs cooler anyway. My current HP piping still looks great and that's been on the car for like 3-4 years.

I know what HP's service is like, but in this case I would simply be waiting on a few pipes... I already have a working kit so I could just get these and put them on whenever I feel like. I know HP would be able to manage that simple order, it's when you deal with complete kits with them that problems arise...

Anyways I would like to keep this on topic, I just want to know if anyone is running it. I'd love to see some installed pics etc...

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I think the headers and down pipes look sweet. Getting some one to fab headers for your turbo application takes hours upon hours to get it right and be able to bolt them on and remove them in one piece. if you can get the built and already coated for 2k I think that is reasonable considering all the work involved.

We fabed my headers and entire hot side and that takes a long time to get it right if you are just doing it for a specific application.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
That's a nice looking kit for sure but I don't see the point on upgrading the hot side when the biggest restriction is at the turbos, the bigger down pipes would make a good difference though...

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Awesome man thanks a ton! I think I will definitely be upgrading to the 2nd gen piping.. I can always sell my old piping to regain a fair chunk of the losses too...

Did you have any problems with the piping at all? Any interference anywhere, any problems mounting the swaybar, your swaybar kinda looks modified? Oh and just to be sure that is the QA1 K-Member right?

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I'm also really liking where the wastegates are mounted with this piping compared to the first generation. Looks like you have a lot more room around where they dump so it should be fairly easy to muffle them if you want which is something I'm considering. Did the kit come with the dumptubes or are they custom?

CobraMac

Established Member
I say definitely go with the new hotside setup! I loveee that. It looks incredible! I would definitely do that if I didn't already have my kit.

Also Evil, you have the QA1 kmember and a-arms right? What'd you do about the QA! a-arms pushing the wheels out an inch??

candyroush

Established Member
Awesome man thanks a ton! I think I will definitely be upgrading to the 2nd gen piping.. I can always sell my old piping to regain a fair chunk of the losses too...

Did you have any problems with the piping at all? Any interference anywhere, any problems mounting the swaybar, your swaybar kinda looks modified? Oh and just to be sure that is the QA1 K-Member right?

The piping fit good, but it was tight thats for sure. The sway bar was the worst part of the install (stock swaybar, not modified). The kit came with block to drop it down about 2''. yes it is the qa1.

I also recommend solid motor mounts, i did them on my install, and wrapping the entire headers before you install them. I wrapped mine a few months ago after everything was already installed. IT SUCKED.

I'm also really liking where the wastegates are mounted with this piping compared to the first generation. Looks like you have a lot more room around where they dump so it should be fairly easy to muffle them if you want which is something I'm considering. Did the kit come with the dumptubes or are they custom?

The dump pipes came with the kit.

I say definitely go with the new hotside setup! I loveee that. It looks incredible! I would definitely do that if I didn't already have my kit.

Also Evil, you have the QA1 kmember and a-arms right? What'd you do about the QA! a-arms pushing the wheels out an inch??

there really shouldnt be much of an issue here, it does push them out a bit but they still sit inside the fenders.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I say go for it. That's not a bad price. After having some custom piping done in stainless, there is no way you could find a reputable shop to fab up those headers, etc for 2K and have it done right.

Users who are viewing this thread