howd everyone do?

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Well I got a new best, barely. 12.72 @112. I really need some drag radials man! How'd everyone else do??
:beer:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Sounds good to me! Its official (as long as I get the day off) that we're going friday the 28th for their test n tune night. Gates open at 5pm, so we're gonna leave the bay probably around 230ish or so....

newcastle

i broke out with a 12.796 on a 12.80 dial. lost to that guy in the supercharged 240SX. pissed me off because i was way out in front, but i swore i would never hit the brakes again after running my best time while hitting the brakes a couple of months ago...

oh well, woulda been cool to have a 03 cobra final (vince made it) but i missed it by a couple of rounds.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Wow that sucks man, it doesnt get much closer than that! I broke lost with a 12.85 to my 12.67 dial. Got tons of wheel hop throughout the end of first and beginning of 2nd. I love how my car runs great until bracket racing comes up:bored: . Oh well....sacramento friday the 28th!!!

newcastle

cool, looking forward to the 28th. tell jersey to give you your money back so you can pick up some wheels. hahahaha

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey.. easy there buddy..
Newcaslte, that money is long gone.... jk
Hey, don't mess with the almighty v6s.
jason, don't be jelous because he made it to the finals...
do u have a picture of the girl you brought with you to the track?? =P

O4COBRA

Established Member
Well it was my first time running at the track in about 6 years! So I spent all of my 3 runs trying to get used to the car and how it would work on the track, I don't really street race or drive the car hard so I need a lot of prcatice on the start! Anyways the fisrt run I got a lot of wheel hop, first time I felt that, don't really get it on the street, and missed 4th!:cuss: 2nd run I bogged off the start, grabbed all gears ok, best run of the day! 3rd, lot of wheel spin, but best mph, worst 60/et!! What kind of tips can I get for 60 ft times? I thought I was a good driver until last night, but realistically that is the first 3 times I have really launched the car, Oh well! Can you tell from these times if my shifts are ok, just nned to work on the launch? Also, check out the MPH on the last run, how in the hell did I gain so much more speed? I shifted into 4th at 6K, I think I bumped the limiter on the previous run!! Here are the breakdowns!! I don't think reaction times are good, I just wanted the ET! I don't know what rpms I launched at, with my mods what should I launch at?

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
those are great times for your first time out.
it takes a lot of practice to get things right..
all you can do is practice and practice.. better luck next time.
IT will feel great when you break in the 12's..
i can just remember seeing Motoxracer and newcastle joining the 12 second club.. they were all smiling like they had just had a 3 some with kate beckinsale and shakira.

Last edited:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
I can just remember seeing Motoxracer and newcastle joing the 12 second club.. they were all smiling like they had just had a 3 some with kate beckinsale and shakira.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think it would take an 11sec run to get that smile, but that feeling is impossible, it would take something awesome to get the feeling of Kate and Shakira in a 3some!! But I'm ready for both if they might happen!! I'm now looking into some Dr's and pulley, but we'll see!!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
That WAS The reason we were smiling buddy, i got first dibs tho!:D :p

Yeah man, it takes practice practice practice....I remember my first time out the best I did was a 13.2. Next time I got a 12.9. And it got better from there. Just take your car out for a drive and practice launching....I usually launch from idle and push it out as quickly as possible, riding the thin line between bogging and spinning. My best so far is a 2.09 60 foot. The important part was that you had a blast, and that you are now HOOKED like the rest of us!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread