How wide rear tires can I run with Eibach Sportlines?

ChromeYellowCobra

Established Member
Hi fam,

I hope you're all doing great :)

Time to finally upgrade my snake's stance. I just purchased:

18x9 18x10 chrome Saleen rims from AmericanMuscle
Eibach Sportline's
Tokico HP shocks/struts
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates

I've always LOVED the look of a low ass Cobra with huge beefy tires on the rear.

My question is how wide can I go with these Saleen rims without running into any issues? I'm trying to keep the car as pristine as possible, so not sure if I would feel good about rolling the fenders to be honest. But I definitely want them as wide as possible without any rubbing or drivability issues.

Any pics would be appreciated!

Thank you

Last edited:

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
10" rim is good for 305s. the 18x10 width is a tough choice because youre forced to choose between a tire size thats slightly smaller than oem, 305/30/18, or slightly larger at 305/35/18. the speedo will read about 2mph fast with the shorter tire or 2mph lower with the taller tire.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup 305s would fit great. Maybe even a 315 depending on height.
I run H&R SS springs out back.
I had 305/40 18s on the back on 18x11 wheels and would get very occasional rubbing on a very sharp bump. Never showed any damage to the tires or anything.
Yesterday, I threw on some 315/35 17s on 10.5 wheels and have not experienced any rubbing out back at all. (I traveled the same stretch of highway where it rubbed with the 305/40 18).
You should be golden.

DaveWertz

Established Member
I am running sportlines, 10.5 rear wheel and a 315/35/17 GForce Tire. I might try either a 315/40 or 305/40 for my next tire. My fenders are rolled, not sure they need to be though. I live on mountain roads and they get bumpy. Some bumps I hit pretty hard and had no rub.

jman37

Established Member
I have coilovers and run a 295/35/18 currently and can easily fit a 315/35/40 if I have too (which I will try once these are gone.) I have nothing to add for springs lol, just plugging coilovers if you were on the fence to get some or not.

ChromeYellowCobra

Established Member
xblitzkriegx
98 svt
DaveWertz
jman37

Thank you fellas for the responses. I've been obsessively reading reviews and it seems that some people have issues with wide tires, and some have none.

Looks like I'm going to go with either 305/30/18, or 305/35/18.

If I'm worried about rolling the fenders, it'd make more sense to go with a 30 right? Since not as tall.

Do they even make 305/30/18 anymore? Having a real hard time finding that size.

This is the look I'm going for:

eUEblIy.jpg

What size would you say these are if you had to guess?

Users who are viewing this thread