How was your year? What did you do accomplish? What would you do differently?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I posted this on my Facebook group and figured it would be good conversation here, too.

Now that the car season is over for most of us, tell me about your year. What did you do? What did you accomplish? What would you do differently?

For me, here goes:
I had the privilege of spec'ing a new engine, getting it built/installed, broken in and dynoed. I ended up needing to upgrade my fuel system, swapped to an 8 rib supercharger drive, ect. The outcome of all of this has surpassed my expectations and the VMP Performance Gen 3R still has more rpm in it. 1101 rwhp is a good time on the street. Hopefully I get to feel what 130+ in the 1/8th feels like in 2021.
8b653bfa119e747843ba17ee996ea0d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Generally speaking 2020 was a good year for our family outside of the whole "pandemic".

In terms of my car it was good and bad. First I have been waiting to run my car since March and everything went into lock down. Following that my wife was deployed to Saudi for 5 months so my car mainly sat all summer since I was a single parent. However, season ended great since the wife returned and I was able to bust off a 9 sec 1/4 on my first pass of the season. Over the colder months I have a block to assemble and install in the car so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

2021 is shaping up to be a great year. I officially retire from the USAF with 21 years of service in Oct 2021, I will be done working at the end of April though, time to beard it up!!. My wife just received orders to Wright Patterson AFB, OH so I will be in the Dayton area in the near future, actually just went on contract for our next home today!

Not sure how far Indianapolis is from Dayton Jon but we are going to have to meet up once im settled. I am not sure about the tracks up there yet but I think there is a SCT event in Ohio every year. Either way, if your within a few hours we will have to meet up!

Leonard

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Hey Riddick. Wow, you definitely had an interesting 2020. Congrats on the upcoming retirement! Dayton is a couple hours away. I've been to the WP Air Force museum a couple of times. We should definitely get together sometime. I've been to Edgewater and Norwalk (Summit Motorsports Park), but that's it for Ohio.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
My 2020 was interesting. Had my 2nd son on July 4th. Car ran more consistent high 10s after installing opg/cs, offroad h pipe, ati crank pulley, 3.33" pulley on paxton and wastegate. I also finally got a way to log boost and may be time to play with wastegate springs...

Hoping in 2021 to get a stall (and a truck daily) and run some better mid to low 10s in any weather. Will finally need slicks i bet next season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
My 2020 was interesting. Had my 2nd son on July 4th. Car ran more consistent high 10s after installing opg/cs, offroad h pipe, ati crank pulley, 3.33" pulley on paxton and wastegate. I also finally got a way to log boost and may be time to play with wastegate springs...

Hoping in 2021 to get a stall (and a truck daily) and run some better mid to low 10s in any weather. Will finally need slicks i bet next season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Congrats on the second son.

Running 10's with a centri and a stock converter is pretty good.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Found out I am going to be a Grandpa in 2021. Had a good year for myself health wise, I still have a job, my wife is permanently working from home and everyone in my family is healthy. I consider 2020 a good year.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
The only good thing that happened to me this year was the birth of our daughter. Everything else was a shit show. I was down 680 hrs for work. Hopefully next year will be better for some reason my best years are odd numbers lol

Users who are viewing this thread