How to use fuel pump to drain tank

notagt

Established Member
Hello members, been awhile and need some help. I have a 03 Mach with a Term/T-56 swap and 2.3L Whipple. I had some issues I resolved and I have 1/2 tank gas that's been in there for 2 years I want to drain before I crank the car. Do NOT want to drop tank, want to use fuel pump to drain. In my 02 4.6L F150 I jumped pin 87 and 30 at fuel pump relay with success, but our cars have alot of components (CCRM, FPDM, INERTIA SWITCH, RELAYS, ETC), plus I have a 40 A BAP so want to make sure I don't burn something up. I sent request to my tuner for a fuel pump on with key tune, but haven't heard back. Anyone have a SAFE procedure to use fuel pump to drain tank? (Plan was to disconnect fuel line at filter input, attach hose into container). Thanks in advance for your input.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Go to a local junkyard and get yourself the chassis side fuel pump electrical connector that hangs on the rear bumper support. Strip some of the wire back, figure out which two circuits are used to power the pump and use that to hotwire the pump from the battery.

notagt

Established Member
That could work, read also about jumpering pins 11 and 5 in CCRM, wondering if anyone has done this.

shurur

Established Member
I may be too late..or reading this wrong..
But the easiest way to siphon the tank is to remove the lower evap hose on the passenger side of the tank. It is held by a worm gear clamp.

Just run a cheap siphon pump hose (the orange vinyl one that is part of the pump kit) into the hole and pump the tank out. ....$13.

You can wiggle the hose around and drain it all.

notagt

Established Member
I got it thanks.My tuner Kurgan sent me a fuel pump on with key only tune, I slipped a fuel line over outlet of filter, drained tank, new filter, 10 gallons fresh gas with Seafoam and Octane booster.

Users who are viewing this thread