How to unlock a Razor cellphone?

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Ok,

My mom bought a Razor on Ebay that was supposedly unlocked but it's not. Has anyone done this before? She will have to return it unless we can get it unlocked.

Anyone have an idea? There are a lot of cheesy sites that advertise software to unlock, but I'm sorta curious about their authenticity.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Unlocking a razr isn't as easy as some people make it sound. You could try to do a flash/flex with different versions of motorola's software but I didn't have any luck with it...not to mention to do that you first have to have a usb cable and the software to do a flash/flex. THEN you have to track down a flash/flex version thats unlocked and hope it doesn't turn the razr into an expensive paper weight.

One thing you can try is to call motorola and tell them you are traveling overseas and need your razr to work with a world gsm sim card. You will have a 50/50 chance of talking to someone that will ask you for the IEMI number or something..dont remember what its called exactly...but its a long 16ish digit number located in the battery compartment of the phone. They will then give you a "code" to unlock your phone. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread