How To: Swap a Mach 460 6-Disc into an SN95

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrall

Established Member
DSC00939.gif

DSC00940.gif

Those are all the plugs i have in my radio cavity, i swapped the dash so my harness is not clipped into the same spots. Also, the connector you cut off for rear woofer signal is wired up to the same connector i posted earlier. I am confused where the other end of your woofer connector goes to, and why mine is essentially a circle. It originally plugged into the amp then the head unit but you are suggesting cut the black end off and plug it into the head unit?

Mark185

Established Member
Where is the CD door flap on your head unit Mark?

The mechanism for it was broke so I had to glue it in the down position. Still I only gave $30 for the unit so i'm pretty happy.

Irall, the woofer signal wires run into the radio cavity just behind the OBD II port. You will cut off the black connector and splice on the new one and it will plug into the back of the new unit.

lrall

Established Member
OK, I hope these pics will illustrate where my confusion is and where i need to go from here.
radio.gif

This is the harness i have currently, this will give me basic radio functions(lights, power etc) but no speakers. So I assume the purple, white, gray and green wires are sound.
radio2.gif

My question is, where do these go? I can't find that black connector in the above pictures that is used to pair up with this harness. Also, in the black connector there are only 5 wires whereas the purple, gray, white and green total 8 wires...why is this?
Is there anyway you could get the pinouts for a 00 GT? I'm beginning to think the connectors were changed.

Last edited:

lrall

Established Member
Ok, the connectors are different. Can i use the metra wiring diagram for matching up speaker wires or will it not be the same in the ford head unit?

lrall

Established Member
Ok, the connectors are different. Can i use the metra wiring diagram for matching up speaker wires or will it not be the same in the ford head unit?

Hodgepodge

Established Member
can't you just trace the speaker wires? that's what i did installing the 05 unit in my car, it wasn't that hard...

lrall

Established Member
Ok, i found and wired up the tweeter amp, and the sub amp. But i dont have power to the rear amp. Where is this yellow wire? I unplugged all the connectors but i think i need the yellow wire for power. Any help?
Correct me if im wrong, the tweeters above the doors and high rear speakers are powered by the front or now 'deck' amp. While the lower door speakers, and 'woofer' frequency in the rear is powered by both rear amps ?
Help me with the yellow wire!! Where is it supposed to be cut or not cut?

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
The yellow wire I mention in the write-up is the wire that originally runs to the factory dash amplifier to give it power, this wire will not be needed as the amplifier in the CD changer is internally powered. The same yellow wire also gives +12v to the rear amps so if you completely cut this wire where it Tee's off instead of just patching it up then that is why you have no rear amp power. It should not be cut.

lrall

Established Member
Ok, I now know that my rear amps have power. I can't get the signal section of the wiring right. I looked at my diagrams and found low signal +/- left and right and paired them up but no sound at all. Any suggestions?

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
good thing i still have my wrecked 03 gt still around and i still have the head unit lol cant wait to ****ed this up lol wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread