-How to replace ABS module without bleeding system?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
So, I've decided to sell my Cobra and wanted to make sure it's perfect for the next buyer. Had an ABS light and found out I needed a new module.
The good news...the guy from "CheapABS" lives here in KS (15 minutes away!) so that's cool
The bad news, I can't find any videos or instructions on how to pull the ABS module so does anyone have a link, vids or instructions on how to do this? I've heard it can be done fairly easily without having to bleed the system

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So, I've decided to sell my Cobra and wanted to make sure it's perfect for the next buyer. Had an ABS light and found out I needed a new module.
The good news...the guy from "CheapABS" lives here in KS (15 minutes away!) so that's cool
The bad news, I can't find any videos or instructions on how to pull the ABS module so does anyone have a link, vids or instructions on how to do this? I've heard it can be done fairly easily without having to bleed the system

I know I had found a description somewhere but don't remember where, it wasn't super difficult on my Mach. I unbolted the mounting bracket from the assembly to give my some wiggle room and was able to remove the ABS unit from the ABS block. As long as you don't remove any of the brake lines you don't have to bleed the system.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
quick google search:

You can replace the ABS module without disconnecting the brake lines, I just did mine because the ABS light was coming on intermittently. It is a little awkward to do though. To do it you have to remove the bracket that supports the HCU. First remove the bolts that hold the bracket to the car, 2 on top and one underneath. Then remove the bolts that hold the HCU onto the bracket, this part is a little difficult because the one closest to the radiator has very little clearance and needs to be removed from underneath. Then you can remove the bracket and let the HCU "hang" by the brake lines. Now you can fit a torx bit on a 1/4" socket wrench and undo the 6 screws that hold the ABS computer module onto the HCU. Put the new one on and reassemble in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread