How to repair leaking oil cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantera1

Established Member
Honestly, I would you spend more in coolant then you do for the kit. So, I'd recommend just doing it all because it's messy and you only want to do it once. If you need more advice let me know.

I've actually got 8 gallons of 50/50 that I've had for a while but I do think I will be ordering it all tomorrow

SilverNotch

Established Member
Just some words of wisdom. When you fill it back up use straight water as it takes a lot of flushes to remove all the oil in the system.

mpm

Established Member
I was hoping to just grab the ones I need and do that but it would probably be wise of me to just go for the whole thing while I'm in there, huh?

I have this kit that I did not use if you are interested. Just PM and we'll work out something.

ifixbrokencars

Established Member
Help with oil cooler issue please

Hey everyone this post is extremely helpful except for one thing. I have a 96 cobra and the oil cooler pictured here is not the same as mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Cob...Parts_Accessories&hash=item25957ab305&vxp=mtr that link is to one that is the same as mine. if you look at the orientation of where the coolant hose comes in it is different and it appears mine does not come back to service the internal O-rings. Anyone else stumbled across this? I can get the cooler from the dealer for 318 trying to avoid spending that much. If i cant service mine is there a cooler from another year that would be a pretty direct swap?

ifixbrokencars

Established Member
Just saw this called left a message waiting for a call back did you look at the pictures and what im talking about? This cooler does not look like its coming apart and looks like someone else already tried.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Just saw this called left a message waiting for a call back did you look at the pictures and what im talking about? This cooler does not look like its coming apart and looks like someone else already tried.

The cooler does come apart. I did mine recently.
Not hard to do.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Yeah, he's a great guy. Glad it all worked out. It takes awhile to get all the oil out of the cooling system.

phayze

Established Member
does the core of the cooler slide in a specific way? or just line it up however and press it together

03 svt

Established Member
Any one ever get coolant in there oil from the oil cooler going bad? I have oil spewing from The weep hole

SilverNotch

Established Member
Yes 03 svt I have had that happen. You don't need to replace it you can do a rebuild with speed concepts oil cooler kit.

03 svt

Established Member
Any tips on cleaning the engine out?. I was flipping after I saw that. Thank God o didn't drive it. The car just idled like that

SilverNotch

Established Member
It will take the car several warm ups and drain to get it all out. The hardest part is the coolant tank. I took mine off and scrubbed it. If your not in a place that gets cold I would use water to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread