how to remove the mcgard wheel locks!?

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
I blew my right front tire on the interstate the other day and had to have to car towed home because my key for my wheel locks is broke! This was wednesday. As of now it's still sitting on a flat in the garage. I have two 315/35 et street radials coming for my new dd wheels for the rear, and plan on moving the 275/40/17 bridgstone potenzas to the front since they have good tread on them. but none of that will happen until i can get the lock off!! Does anyone know of a way to get the lock off without the key? I've tried craftsmen lug out kit, and the ol bang a socket on trick. neither worked. I'm going to order a new key monday but until then I need another way. I cannot afford to have the car towed to the dealership!! Thanks guys/
-Hunter

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I've always used the crappy socket big hammer trick. Try a tighter crappy socket and use a bigger hammer.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I purchased left hand thread sockets from Summit. They are for stripped lugs and wheel locks. Pounded and turned a couple times and they came off.

WildFifty

Established Member
I believe you can contact mcgard and they will sell you another key. Im in the process of doing the same thing. My key broke while i was mounting my new rims. im so pissed.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I just ordered a new key 6 or 7 years ago. all they need is the serial number which was in the plastic bag in the glove box, As near as I can remember it was $14.50 plus overnite shipping charge.

Users who are viewing this thread