How to remove hard water spots?

LocoGT

Banned
There were water spots on the windows of my stang when I bought it. I thought I;d just hit it w/some invisible glass like normal to get rid of em. Well, these bitches must have been on for a whle cuz they will not come off.

How do I remove them?

spree

Established Member
try some distilled white vinegar. Take a sponge, and splash some water and vinegar on it. Apply that onto your window and let it sit for a few minutes (without drying).

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
There were water spots on the windows of my stang when I bought it. I thought I;d just hit it w/some invisible glass like normal to get rid of em. Well, these bitches must have been on for a whle cuz they will not come off.

How do I remove them?

I use acid. But you have to know what your doing. I detailed for years and always got stuck with hard water. if you go to a dealer i'm sure they will do it for a little $$$ If it's used right you will not harm your paint or clear, but it will etch just the water spots.

LocoGT

Banned
silverpwrplant said:
I use acid. But you have to know what your doing. I detailed for years and always got stuck with hard water. if you go to a dealer i'm sure they will do it for a little $$$ If it's used right you will not harm your paint or clear, but it will etch just the water spots.
Eh, w/my luck I'd f it up :lol:

If the vinegar trick doesn't work and no one else has any ideas I will ask my body shop if they can get em out when the car goes in to get the hatch painted.

spree

Established Member
LT1Z28 said:
Eh, w/my luck I'd f it up :lol:

If the vinegar trick doesn't work and no one else has any ideas I will ask my body shop if they can get em out when the car goes in to get the hatch painted.

if the vinegar doesn't do the trick completely, use a car polish (just about anything should work).

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
go get the finest steel wool you can find somethine like 00000 or better (a local paint store should carry it shirwin williams for example) and go over the spots it will remove them without scratching it.
P.S this is an old detailers secret so don't tell anyone ;)

redfireconvrt

Established Member
I have used CLR on my windshield to get water spots off and it worked great. It's supposed to take them out of your shower so why not the windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread