How to remove dog fur?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
My friend is cleaning up his car to sell it, and his pitbull/bassett hound mix has shed all over the car. Any good ways of removing the fur from cloth? Thanks.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Check out a pet supply store for a brush that will remove hair from fabric.

What he said. They have ones that have short rubber bristles that are supposed to work well. I bought an Explorer and the previous owner had some kind of short haired terrier type dog. The fur is interwoven in the carpet fibers and a vac with a spinning brush wont even touch it. Came right off the seats though.

flamed03vert

Established Member
This is going to sound crazy, but raid under the sink for your wifes yellow rubber dishawashing gloves. Put them on and rub the pet hair imbedded in the carpet, and it will roll up into a ball and then toss away. Finish vacuum as normal.

ZWilson07

Established Member
This is going to sound crazy, but raid under the sink for your wifes yellow rubber dishawashing gloves. Put them on and rub the pet hair imbedded in the carpet, and it will roll up into a ball and then toss away. Finish vacuum as normal.

Very good idea!

I dont want to know how you found that out lol, but I guess if you really wanna get fancy you can have the woman put the gloves on do it herself lol, but again probably wouldnt turn out as well as if you did it.

Id just try to use something like mentioned above in a scrubbing action to help pull the hair up and away, and then some type of tape/roller/vacuum etc to clean it all up. Might have to try it a few times but should work pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread