How To - Remove Center Console

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I needed to remove my center console to install my sub box/rear seat delete kit I made and found some good information on here but wanted to add to it. There are four screws that hold it in. The first two are underneath the shifter cover which you have to pop up to change out your radio to and aftermarket. The other 2 are in the console itself. Take everything out and you will see a cloth cover. Remove it and there are the other 2 screws. The hard part is to get it over the emergency break. To make it easy as possible so not to break anything pull the emergency break as far back as you can. Pull the plastic console holder out of the console itself. You can remove the 12 volt connection if you want( I did) and remove it. If you look down in the area you just revealed you will see 2 nuts that hold the leather cover for the emergency break in place..remove those nuts and push the plastic cover down to get it over the plastic studs that hold it on. If you look futher down on the same points those nuts were you will see 2 more .... remove them. Push the leather emergency cover down more. This should give you enough flex to remove the center console completly without breaking anything. Good luck and if you have any ? email me. :pepper:

Fast Willy

Established Member
Open the center console and there are 2 bolts that I think are 8mm. (not sure) then take the piece off around the shifter and then you should be able to pull it up.

Users who are viewing this thread