How to Properly Delete PCV w/ Remote Breather

My96z

Established Member
I went with the quick method.

2011-11-21_18-27-52_922.jpg

It barely causes a mess at all. Quick wipe with a Microfiber. Done.

Got a part number or anymore info on those breathers? How do they fit? I am going to go this route and want those exact breathers.

The one breather I have is a bit loose fitting.

Thanks!

my92gt

Established Member
Went from this:

passenger pre-filter

9e11dbf5.jpg

driver side JLT catch can

f68b6b89.gif

Shot of the whole engine bay setup

ed94cab2.jpg

To this:

Welded bungs on my valve covers to use AN fittings, to prevent any leaks, and for a cleaner look as well

ae4460a9.jpg

Into a "T" fitting on a Lincoln Mark VIII valve cover(only these valve covers have the rear provision for my custom PCV system)

b680d3ae.jpg

Routed through the fender to catch can

f6e55b50.jpg

plug on the back of the SC

c95c3bc1.gif

What the engine looks like

f5740797.jpg

Of course the bottom of the lower intake manifold is plugged up and you can see the port for the passenger side Port was welded shut on the intake.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
here's mine:
0a5a7758.jpg

as stated above, hardly any oil mess on valve covers. just a qwik wipe down at each wash and done.

zracer196

Established Member
I have two K&N breathers like that...It is not really messy...But for us OCD types...LOL! I am going to try another method...

Great info from all!!

Red Demon03

Established Member
is there any tuning required when doing the catch can setup? I read if you do breathers on both side, you have to tune the car for that setup. Is this correct?

Sagittaria

Established Member
No. The motor is pulling the same amount of air that it did normally (just not through the motor) so no tune is required.

HOWEVER, the pcm will need to be reset (battery unplugged for a bit) for it to relearn the idle.

This is due to more air needing to be pulled through the IAC. With the stock setup, a fixed amount of air was pulled through the motor via PCV that bypassed the IAC. Now that's gone, the IAC will have to compensate to hold the same idle.

This is also why some users report a smoother idle without the PCV, as air is no longer winding it's way through the motor at idle.

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
I went with the quick method.

2011-11-21_18-27-52_922.jpg

It barely causes a mess at all. Quick wipe with a Microfiber. Done.

U capped off the frps ? I did the egr delete and then ran breathers and put a bolt in the intake. Is that what you did and why block off the frps

Also what you supposed to do to the manifold vent if you did the egr delete as well??
uzybynad.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
So from what I have identified most are plugging up the bottom of the lower intake and just tossing the hose. (?)
2004lowerintake-a.jpg

Last edited:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Edit: might as well add mine since I am here.
Here is mine. It is also plugged at the back of the blower and lower intake with a NPT plug.
5ffe3258.jpg

64833804.jpg

55932F54-3ADD-49E2-8E18-E7CAEC62A2A1-2242-00000169B15DDC87_zps310ca404.jpg

Last edited:

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member

f5740797.jpg

Of course the bottom of the lower intake manifold is plugged up and you can see the port for the passenger side Port was welded shut on the intake.[/QUOTE]

I really like this, was there any other issues swapping to the Lincoln valve cover?

my92gt

Established Member

f5740797.jpg

Of course the bottom of the lower intake manifold is plugged up and you can see the port for the passenger side Port was welded shut on the intake.

I really like this, was there any other issues swapping to the Lincoln valve cover?[/QUOTE]

No clearance issues with the EATON... You seem to be making big power so I assume you have a big blower/turbo.. Don't know how much clearance you have with a kenne bell or even a whipple.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I really like this, was there any other issues swapping to the Lincoln valve cover?

No clearance issues with the EATON... You seem to be making big power so I assume you have a big blower/turbo.. Don't know how much clearance you have with a kenne bell or even a whipple.[/QUOTE]

I am running the Mach VIII valve covers with my KB 2.8 with no issues. I am currently running 1 inline oil separator, but I am looking to go to a remote catch can like shown above.

photobucket-56680-1364741885149_zpsdbc3ba02.jpg

photobucket-54055-1365866715123_zps9dde79da.jpg

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
Nope, I'm running an eaton, on corn with and bottle. Shouldn't be a fitment issue for me at all. 03' white snake- that core support cover is perfect FYI. Nice setup.

rusqtsi

Established Member
Waking this thread back up.

I am doing a termi fox swap.. Engine is already out.

Air Intake is already closed.

Removed the blower

Did the following:

1- Blocked off the Drivers manifold
2- Blocked the EGR

Now reading this thread i got a headache.. It hurts.

I realized there a few ways to delete the PCV.

I am leaning towards the breather filters at each of the valve covers.

Question what to do with the ports located on the back of the eaton?

The larger one ( Manifold vent ) Does this one get plugged?

Top Vacuum port ?? What happens to this port

Lower boost port ? tee'd off to boost gauge and what else? FRPS or Boost bypass actuator

I didnt remove the engine from the donor car so I dont have the luxury of taking pictures to know where everything was connected too.

Thanks for your help

Sagittaria

Established Member
It's not that bad man. As you said there's a few ways to go about the PCV. On my next car I probably will give breathers another go around.. if it's messy then I'd find a mark VIII passenger side cover (which has the PCV port on the back instead of the front) and run the hoses in the back and be much cleaner.

But see this picture if you haven't already.
EatonEGRDelete.jpg

If you're deleting the PCV then yup. The manifold (PCV) port on the back gets plugged. Everything else is pretty much explained by the above picture :)

rusqtsi

Established Member
Saggitaria. Thanks for your quick response

So I go with the breathers but I don't plan to remove the lower intake to plug the hole. Would it be ok to just cap off the hose coming out the lower back of the blower. This is the hose that is tee'd off to drivers valve cover and PVC to rear blower.

Sagittaria

Established Member
Saggitaria. Thanks for your quick response

So I go with the breathers but I don't plan to remove the lower intake to plug the hole. Would it be ok to just cap off the hose coming out the lower back of the blower. This is the hose that is tee'd off to drivers valve cover and PVC to rear blower.

Yup. That's in fact what I did. Just make sure you don't tug on it too hard. Its in an awkward spot.

rcjewells

Established Member
Any thoughts on size for the -AN line for the remote catch can setup? 5/8" would equate to -10AN, is this sufficient for 18# of boost or would it be wiser to just run -12?

Users who are viewing this thread