HOW TO->Optima Battery Installation

Evilcartman

Established Member
Ok, I have searched and read pages of threads. I have seen that there is a hold down adapter for stock tray to hold a 75/35 or I can buy a larger red top and cut my tray.

I found this though and thought it is a better solution.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Billet-Optima-Battery-Hold-Bracket/dp/B000SBTSRC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1304296761&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: 75/35 Billet Optima Battery Hold Down Tray Bracket: Automotive[/ame]

The question is, and I didn't see anything in the description or on Wielands site, does this bolt right in to the inner fender on our cars? I know some people are using this tray, but I didn't know if they used the stock mounting hardware.

89slowgt331

Established Member
I installed a 34/78 yellow top 2 week's ago, I removed the battery tray and trimed the forward facing edge so it would fit then the batt came with 2 long clip on pieces to make it work as a group 65 batt with the stock holddown

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The oem ford tray has that adapter and the bolt goes through it to hold the battery down. I just found I have one pretty much just like that but made for the optima batteries. Wish I found that before I sold my red top battery! OP let me know if your interested in it.

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
Ford GT Supercars have OEM Optima batteries from the factory that fit in out cars with no mods whatsover to the bottom tray. fits perfect .i just put one in my car. it is a Optima Red Top Group 25. you can get them from Ford or just order a group 25 from Optima or your local parts store that carry them .

Users who are viewing this thread