How To: MMR Billet Oil Pump Gear's Install. **A FEW PICS**

pohnjarker

Established Member
badass writeup!! if i didnt have the SC already installed i'd attempt this myself.

i've taken that bitch off once already to get to the belt after it spun off and im not doing it again. i'll take it to a shop before i take it all again myself...lol.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Awesome thread dude, thanks for the contribution

No problem. Does your aluminator have billet gears?

badass writeup!! if i didnt have the SC already installed i'd attempt this myself.

i've taken that bitch off once already to get to the belt after it spun off and im not doing it again. i'll take it to a shop before i take it all again myself...lol.

Thanks.

Very nice writeup.

It's funny how long the write ups take compared to the actual work, lol

Thanks. Yea i would rather do the job again and not do the writeup. I get too stir crazy on the computer.

mjohns930

Established Member
Nice writeup Thomas. I am going to turn this into a PDF and save it for later. Can't wait to see it run with some boost.

nosscort

Established Member
Also the gaskets aren't necessarily a need items dependjng on mileage and damage.. if you don't rip the ones coming off and they aren't stretched when removed they can be removed.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Nice writeup Thomas. I am going to turn this into a PDF and save it for later. Can't wait to see it run with some boost.

Thanks mitch, I will let you know next time I go out so you can bring your beast out also.

Also the gaskets aren't necessarily a need items dependjng on mileage and damage.. if you don't rip the ones coming off and they aren't stretched when removed they can be removed.

Part numbers are there for who ever may need them, since I work on car's damn near everyday for a living I would much rather spend the $100 on gaskets and seals then go in twice.

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

Wow, one of the best write ups I've seen, nice job!

I would like to make a couple suggestions that I didn't see mentioned or in your list, I'd also replace the water pump o-ring and oil pick up o-ring. The following should be the exact list of gaskets (and crank bolt).

BR3Z*6020*B
BR3Z*6020*C
BR3Z*6020*D
XW4Z*6700*B
BR3Z*6584*A
BR3Z*6584*D
BR3Z*6A340*A
7T4Z*8590*A
F1VY*8507*A
F5RZ*6626*B

That list from us would run you about $51.00 plus shipping.

-Steve

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Great write up. Thank you for taking the painstaking effort to take pics during the install and post them.

You're welcome.

Wow, one of the best write ups I've seen, nice job!

I would like to make a couple suggestions that I didn't see mentioned or in your list, I'd also replace the water pump o-ring and oil pick up o-ring. The following should be the exact list of gaskets (and crank bolt).

BR3Z*6020*B
BR3Z*6020*C
BR3Z*6020*D
XW4Z*6700*B
BR3Z*6584*A
BR3Z*6584*D
BR3Z*6A340*A
7T4Z*8590*A
F1VY*8507*A
F5RZ*6626*B

That list from us would run you about $51.00 plus shipping.

-Steve

Thank you Steve, no one should complain about $51 bucks to replace all the gaskets and seals to do this job.

There is one O-ring I was not able to order though. There is a black O-ring inside of the T-connection that connects from the top of the motor, the upper radiator hose and then the thermostat housing. My parts guy and I at work were thinking it is only serviced with the hose assembly.

onebadgsx

Established Member
i thought the front cover, valve cover, etc rubber seals were reusable as long as they dont tear....

also whats up with the ac belt having a tensioner, my 13 doesnt, you have to pry the belt off.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
i thought the front cover, valve cover, etc rubber seals were reusable as long as they dont tear....

also whats up with the ac belt having a tensioner, my 13 doesnt, you have to pry the belt off.

Don't know who told you that, but workshop manual says to discard and replace. For the price it is very easy to do.

I had a lower end knock coming from the a/c stretch belt, there is a tsb to replace it with what I have.

04compgt

Established Member
This is an awesome write up. It needs to be Stickied to the top. Thank you for this awesome contribution to the community Blazer707.

Steve@Tasca

It's entirely possible they might be fine to re-use but if it was me and knowing how much work is involved to tear it apart again if one leaks I'd spend the $51.00.

Not saying that as a parts seller either, I do plenty of wrenching as well. :beer:

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Thank you Steve, no one should complain about $51 bucks to replace all the gaskets and seals to do this job.

There is one O-ring I was not able to order though. There is a black O-ring inside of the T-connection that connects from the top of the motor, the upper radiator hose and then the thermostat housing. My parts guy and I at work were thinking it is only serviced with the hose assembly.

Take a look at this picture, it's kind of hard to tell exactly where you're talking about but I wonder if it's the part with the 9A425 callout.

9a425_zpsc65bf896.gif

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It's on the other cooling system picture, it is what the upper radiator hose (8260) connects to. It is labeled as a T-Piece. There is a black O-ring on the inside of it.

Steve@Tasca

It's on the other cooling system picture, it is what the upper radiator hose (8260) connects to. It is labeled as a T-Piece. There is a black O-ring on the inside of it.

Ah, found the picture and I believe you're correct. The o-ring does not appear to be available on it's own.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread