How to mirror polish Kenne Bell/Whipple snout

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Whipple tuxedo look????

QUESTION: Has anyone seen or have pics of a Tuxedo Look on a whipple?

Im considering polishing my INLET, SNOUT, and front COVER .....while leaving the main body case black.

Im just wondering if this would look ok....

Nows the time to do it, as I have it off the car....than as suggested I would maybe consider wrinkle black valve covers with some Ford Racing cop covers

Termilvr

Established Member
QUESTION: Has anyone seen or have pics of a Tuxedo Look on a whipple?

Im considering polishing my INLET, SNOUT, and front COVER .....while leaving the main body case black.

Im just wondering if this would look ok....

Nows the time to do it, as I have it off the car....than as suggested I would maybe consider wrinkle black valve covers with some Ford Racing cop covers

it would look bad ass but the front case and inlet will be hard to polish even for a professional because it is a cast aluminum, i had gotten a polished unit before i got my blue powder coated one and the inlet and front case almost had a pitted look from tiny air pockets in the casting.

Anabolic

Banned
don't whipple sell polished snouts?... does your same processes work on the polished/polishing of the supercharger too? should be a nice touch under the hood :)

shanesimps

Established Member
Looks well Polished with this "How To". I removed the bolts securing the Snout but afterward the snout was still on there tight (not surprised). I tugged quite a bit but no luck. I probably could pull on it harder but figured I search around first for some tips and avoid any damage to the snout!

Any suggestion/experience on actually removing the snout??

Thanks in advance.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Are there any bearings in the snout that can be damaged with the degreaser/sanding waste?

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member
Do you need a pulley puller to take of the pulley for KB blower? I seen it has an allen bolt in the middle. I know you need one for an eaton blower

Last edited:

07SGT5687

Do you need a pulley puller to take of the pulley for KB blower? I seen it has an allen bolt in the middle. I know you need one for an eaton blower

Thread resurrection here but +1... Mine has an allen head on the end of it and I can't get the snout to budge. The instructions Whipple sent say it should just some off and the replacement does not have the allen head. I'm afraid if I start tapping it to get it break loose I might bend or damage something. I'm confused :shrug:

Current:
photo1.jpg

New:
photo2.jpg

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
Thread resurrection here but +1... Mine has an allen head on the end of it and I can't get the snout to budge. The instructions Whipple sent say it should just some off and the replacement does not have the allen head. I'm afraid if I start tapping it to get it break loose I might bend or damage something. I'm confused :shrug:

Current:
photo1.jpg

New:
photo2.jpg

That doesn't look like a steel KB pulley to me. KB tells you only run their pullies for a reason. Aluminium pulleys heat up and actually seize onto the shaft. I've seen several people do this and end up needing the snout rebuilt at KB. Hope this isn't your case.

Users who are viewing this thread