HOW-TO: Mate Aeroforcetech Gauge to Innovate LC-1 Wideband

Tractionless1

Established Member
Aeroforcetech Gauge as a readout for Innovate LC-1 Wideband Kit.

*The below procedure is not the complete directions for installing an LC-1 wideband unit. It is merely a supplement to include the Aeroforcetech gauge as a readout.

1. Place front of car on jack-stands. Jacking only the drivers side was adequate for my install procedure.

2. Remove the ground wire from the negative battery terminal.

3. Find a spot outside the vehicle to mount the LC-1 control box. I mounted it to the loom running vertically through the transmission tunnel on the drivers side with zip ties. This location allows the connection to the sensor and loom to the interior to face the way they need to travel. Make sure to keep it away from heat and water while being close enough to connect the short sensor wire at your bung location.

4. Run the loom wire with the 6 stripped ends up the trans. tunnel, onto the firewall, and into the passenger compartment through the rubber boot to the top right of the brake booster. You will have to cut through the boot with a steak knife if the vehicle in question doesn’t already have wires running this route. *Note: other installations have included running the loom into the passenger compartment through the shifter hole. I find my technique easier due to where the stripped wires needed to end up.

5. Once the loom is in the passenger compartment remove the black cover, string, and foil from the 6 stripped wires. This will allow you to run the wires to their specified locations. Do not remove the insulation from the individual wires.

6. Run the BLUE wire back out the rubber boot (next to the brake booster on the firewall), down the firewall, into the transition tunnel. Next to the bottom drivers side motor mount there is an unused threaded hole on the engine block. I did not note the size nor thread pitch of said hole; however, this is the point you want to ground the sensor heater (BLUE) wire to. Make sure to keep the wire away from heat sources. You many need to add length to the wire to get it to reach. I recommend solder and heat shrink tubing for splicing and protection.

7. Run the BROWN wire (wideband output signal) to an Analog Input on your Aeroforcetech gauge. The input is located in the separate pigtail clip for the gauge and you can use either the rt. (input 1) or lt. (input 2) (when looking at the back of the gauge) depending on what’s available with your current setup. Either will work fine. The ctr. wire is unused in the ’03-’04 Cobra application. Connect the Brown wire to the Analog wire on the gauge via solder.

8. Run the RED wire (system power) to your fuse box #20 fuse. I used a Add A Circuit which plugs into the existing fuse socket and allows tapping to the circuit via an included pigtail.

9. Install the LED and pushbutton included with the LC-1 kit in the location of your choice. They need to be installed to conduct calibration of the sensor and to know how long the sensor should heat before you can start the car.

10. Connect either pushbutton wire to the RED wire on the LED, connect the two to the BLACK wire of the LC-1 harness. Solder and protect.

11. Connect the other pushbutton wire to the black wire on the LED, connect the two to the WHITE wire of the LC-1 harness. The three wires twisted together get connected to ground. I chose a bolt on the bottom of the driver’s side rt. dash next to the bolt the panel under the steering wheel uses for mounting.

12. The YELLOW wire from the LC-1 harness is disregarded as it is the narrow band output wire. I cut it flush with the remaining loom on the inside of the passenger compartment.

13. At this point all of your connections are made and you can follow the startup procedure including free air calibration of the sensor. You can do all of this before programming the gauge. The gauge is simply the readout and doesn’t affect the LC-1 in any way.

14. The last step is to enter the slope and intercept numbers for the Aeroforcetech gauge. Press both buttons on the gauge simultaneously which brings up the menu screen. Scroll down to Analog 1(or 2) and select using the rt. button. The gauge will ask for the slope and intercept which are as follows, slope= 003.0, intercept= 007.4. The gauge will then ask to rename the analog input 1, chose A/F ratio.

15. Enjoy your new wideband readout via the Aeroforcetech gauge and give Tractionless props! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread