How to make more than 700hp?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
On pump gas... TT's

Superchargers pull a lot of power from the motor to spin the rotors. Turbos pull zero power. That's why turbos make so much more than a blower. Turbos are a lot of work but if your a power whore then you'll love them.

I'd estimate 8k to do a reliable TT setup if you do most of the work yourself

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
How is everyone spending so much money on these cars to only have 700? I made 644 with a 2.9 whipple, 3.5" pulley. GT pumps, boostapump, 60s. Plus obvious supporting mods like intake, exhaust, and clutch.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I clear 700 on just 21lbs.. The 2.9 whip and e85 will get you there OP.

Sounds like a run of the mill E85 car. Mine is making close to 750 on 25psi, and regular gas, and a smaller blower.

Infiinite ways to get there.

perry2k12

Established Member
^ and that's not alot of money? that alone is 7k what you posted, easy. lol

Yeah probably around 7 for everything new...It's nowhere close to the 20-30k that everybody is saying. And I bought everything used so I'm not even close to 7 grand :banana:

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Yeah probably around 7 for everything new...It's nowhere close to the 20-30k that everybody is saying. And I bought everything used so I'm not even close to 7 grand :banana:

Anyone can make 700 by strapping a bigger blower on it. It's the $1000 longtubes, $1000 clutch, $400 input shaft, $600 drag radials, $1500 suspension etc etc etc. making useable and reliable power is the key to not having a dyno queen that is in the shop as much as it is driven.

SVTDice

Established Member
Anyone can make 700 by strapping a bigger blower on it. It's the $1000 longtubes, $1000 clutch, $400 input shaft, $600 drag radials, $1500 suspension etc etc etc. making useable and reliable power is the key to not having a dyno queen that is in the shop as much as it is driven.

Theres no reason to spend 1000 on long tubes or clutch. And 400 for an input shaft? Jesus people must throw money out the window like its there job.

perry2k12

Established Member

Don't need longtubes at all, a $450 clutch works just fine. The most you "need" on the suspension is a brace and maybe lowering springs. I don't understand why reliability is lessened without buying top dollar everything?

OP, why do you strictly want a kenne bell?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
OP, why do you strictly want a kenne bell?

Because he figured if he's blowing money he might as well dump some into rebuilds. :burn:

I would think if a guy had access to E85 it wouldn't be tough at all. I think C6Zhombre is over 700 with a 2.3 and E85.

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
KB's can make power and run a number just like the rest of them. I had a 2.4 that made 644p @ 19psi and would run 10.40's, I have a 2.8H that made 690whp @ 21psi, and the same blower making close to 750whp on 25-27psi. NO E-85 just racegas. I would venture to say it would make 800whp on E85 at the same boost as I am now.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
A GT500.......................Just sayin!!

I bet you I have less money into my terminator than your car as it sits and I make 125 more RWHP than you....

Single turbo kit, good clutch and proper fuel system will get you there. as long as you have a good tune it should hold together for a while.

svtcobratenthan

Established Member
Well i know i spent a shit load of money oh tuning and dyno.Fix this change that. Everyboby here seems to think a stock IRS WILL HANDLE 700 HP.Well i bought my car off the showroom floor in 03 I know what it cost to make it fast @ reliable. Hey go cheap and watch the 4 banger pass u while u sit on the side of the road.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Good Blower, 25+psi, good gas E85 OR racegas, fuel system, exhaust, and turn up the boost.

I clear 700 on just 21lbs.. The 2.9 whip and e85 will get you there OP.

The common denominator here is OCTANE!!!!!

You will not be making 700rwhp on 91 or 93 octane gas with a 4.6 and a blower.

If you want to be able to stop at a pump, look into E85 fuel.

You will need: Lots of cash, lots of boost, lots of fuel that has lots of octane.
(And all the supporting mods to make this happen)

Do you have E85 in your area? If not this whole power number dream will be a race gas only scenario.

That means before you can run a fuel other than race gas or E85 will will need a pulley and belt change down to a boost level that the engine will tolerate 93(or91) pump gas on.

Users who are viewing this thread