How to make it faster?

92Snatch

Established Member
8lb lower,intake,throttle body, exhaust,and a programmer......depends on how much money ur trying to spend. Keep ur stock upper on...replacing it with a smaller one increases the chance of belt slip...stay with a lower and idler pulley w/bracket

RCMPSVT

Established Member
put a 10# lower pulley and lightning pulley up top and it will haul ass

OMG dont listen to this guy what ever you do I really hope he was joking

Personally I wouldnt go bigger than a 4lb lower that way you keep it nice and reliable

Last edited:

92Snatch

Established Member
yeah most go with a 4 i guess......but the harleys run 2psi less than the lightnings..which is why you can get away with running a bigger lower pulley...a 6lb on a harley is like a 4lb on the lightning. My friend has the 8lb lower and mods i listed earlier on his harley...it has 100k miles on it now...so bout 60k miles with these mods...was tuned by JLP and has no probs at all...very reliable, we took it to florida this pass summer with no probs

92Snatch

Established Member
X2 on dont go to RPM Outlet! i ordered a performance packahe from them...i got my programmer bout 2weeks later which was fine, but i was missinh everything else. i called and kept getting excuse after excuse.....so i cancelled my order....POOR customer service. JLP has been great..good customer service,decent prices, and reliable.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
yeah most go with a 4 i guess......but the harleys run 2psi less than the lightnings..which is why you can get away with running a bigger lower pulley...a 6lb on a harley is like a 4lb on the lightning. My friend has the 8lb lower and mods i listed earlier on his harley...it has 100k miles on it now...so bout 60k miles with these mods...was tuned by JLP and has no probs at all...very reliable, we took it to florida this pass summer with no probs

actually no it is not. Due to the upper pulley size in diameter and the resulting spinning ratio of the blower it is about 1.5-2 #'s different. I dont know the exact math or resulting blower rpms but I do not that it has been covered many times in the Gen II section about that. A 4# lower on a Lightning will give you roughly 12# total. A 6# lower on a HD will put you 10-11#.

Don't worry about changing the upper pulley. I changed mine to a stock Lightning pulley and have never once had belt slip. I bought the 90mm idler brackets from LFP and never thought twice about it.

Yes it could handle nitrous but I would do a wet shot! I would not do anything more than a 50 or 75 shot if you are going to do a pulley swap and tune. 14-15#'s of boost is were you are flirting with creating a window in your block....that is around the 450rwhp range....all depending on how good your tuner is.

92Snatch

Established Member
did u just read what u posted...i said it was about 2lbs diff....and yes a i can put my 6lb lower on a harley and it will get about 4lbs of boost....not 6.... do the simple math..lol harley stock is 6psi and lightning stock 8psi....

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
did u just read what u posted...i said it was about 2lbs diff....and yes a i can put my 6lb lower on a harley and it will get about 4lbs of boost....not 6.... do the simple math..lol harley stock is 6psi and lightning stock 8psi....

yes I did read what I posted. Due to the diameter difference of the pulley between the harley truck and lightning truck you will not see the same boost between the two even if you put a 6# lower on a harley truck.

Lightning - 2.93U + 4#L = 11-12 psi total
Harley truck - 3.25U + 6#L = 10-11 psi total

You will be a fraction of a bit off of exact numbers between the two I don't know the math nothing a slightly more aggressive tune won't take care of.

Last edited:

92Snatch

Established Member
which is about 2lbs diff with the same size lower pulley...lol i think u might have misunderstood what i was saying or something, but now everybody knows its about 2lbs diff ....high five!...lol

tv559

Established Member
yes I did read what I posted. Due to the diameter difference of the pulley between the harley truck and lightning truck you will not see the same boost between the two even if you put a 6# lower on a harley truck.

You will be a fraction of a bit off of exact numbers between the two I don't know the math nothing a slightly more aggressive tune won't take care of.

Is that what I should do? also what about porting the SuperCharger?

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member

which is about 2lbs diff with the same size lower pulley...lol i think u might have misunderstood what i was saying or something, but now everybody knows its about 2lbs diff ....high five!...lol

even without the same size you are still looking at a 1# difference.....re-read my post. I understood exactly what you were saying.

Is that what I should do? also what about porting the SuperCharger?

For simplicity yes just a lower 6# pulley would be good. Unless you have a pulley pull tool you cannot get the blower pulley off. As for porting the blower....sure. Just remember whatever you do if you change pulleys, port the blower, etc. Get a dyno tune from a good reputable tuner! You can use the preset tune before you get the blower ported but I would be easy on it in the cooler weather coming up until you can get a dyno tune.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Hey I have a friend interested in an HD so I thought Id pop my head in and ask.....what will get the HD into the 12s?

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Hey I have a friend interested in an HD so I thought Id pop my head in and ask.....what will get the HD into the 12s?

A 2.93 or Lightning upper pulley, a 6# lower pulley, tune, CAI, traction bars, exhaust, slicks. Should get you there. Have to remember that the HD is a good 1,000lbs heavier than the Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread