How to lower your clutch pedal for quicker, firmer, shifts and performance driving.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
How is yours set up, do you know? Is the TOB lip touching the PP fingers when the clutch is engaged.

The first time i had a reputable shop do the complete install; RXT clutch, flywheel, TOB, and 26 spline input shaft. At about 1500 miles i started noticing the the pedal felt gritty when depressed, I literally ran the car 1 time at a local Test and tune at around 1000 mile break in.

Had it checked and the TOB was shot! replaced TOB and pilot bearing used the guidance listed in the above thread and other clutch install threads, but had similar issue as others, clutch would not fully engage properly unless it was riding against the PP. I been using the Ford racing quadrant, adjuster, and cable.

After months of discouragement and frustration due to the RXT chatter, notchy engagement, and trying every type of tranny fluid. I found a local guy here with tremendous Terminator experience so he dropped my tranny and again the TOB was worn badly, after a bit more troubleshooting he put a micrometer on my input shaft and discovered it was bent. Looks like cause was a bad install from the very beginning. So now we are re-doing the the entire input shaft process all over again.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
My car just got done today, i will be picking it up later this evening, I pretty much had the tranny rebuilt hopefully my issues are done with the tranny?

I had several issues, bent input shaft, worn TOB, bad pivot ball adjustment, countershaft & mainshaft setup very lose,etc...

Users who are viewing this thread