How to get wires through firewall

impactblue

Established Member
I'm doing a small project but need to get from the cockpit to the firewall. Where do I get through at?

Branhammer

Established Member
Okay, I'm just going to say it...

People are probably going to think it's a little suspicious that the guy whose brand new Mustang caught on fire for an undetermined reason is now asking how to run custom wiring...

Not trying to make accusations or re-start the arguments in that old thread. Just predicting the future...

impactblue

Established Member

People are probably going to think it's a little suspicious that the guy whose brand new Mustang caught on fire for an undetermined reason is now asking how to run custom wiring...

Not trying to make accusations or re-start the arguments in that old thread. Just predicting the future...

I'm adding a 12" sub to the shitty radio in the car probably gonna get shit for having a ghetto blaster in the trunk but oh well

impactblue

Established Member
Anyway I looked at the rubber stoppers under the dash. Can't seem to find where they come out the other side

gt347mustang

Established Member

Link?

This sounds like it could get good.

Branhammer

Established Member
Well I personally was not one of the skeptics, I'm just saying that this thread is going to give the people that were skeptics a ton of gas for their flame throwers.

impactblue

Established Member
The sound tube from the intake is the best location!

I was told this but I don't want to mess with any of the factory stuff. I would have to plug the sound tube hole. Imi got the premium thinking hey this is what I had last time should sound great but it doesn't have any difference compared to my brothers base model that I can tell. Needs a little more thump to it imo

Zemedici

Established Member
Thread was deleted.

There should be a grommet for the clutch cable. Open it up a tad bit more and slide the cable through there

Last edited:

impactblue

Established Member
Thread was deleted.

^+1

It was locked last time I looked at it. It should be there.

I work at the ford dealer now. I've gotten to talk to the mechanic personally that dealt with it and he told me he honestly never found anything So I really don't know what happened but after I've cooled off a bit about it i see why they aren't going to want to cover what they can't find. I'm sure the cause will eventually be found. All electronics on the seat still work perfectly I'm using radio parts I already had in my old car and a speaker I just got the other day for extremely cheap. Still saving for the $1000 deductible so it can all be returned to new condition and warranty not effected I have $1000 obviously but I need to make sure I have money for bills and other costs. I have a year to file a claim. Just an update

Since I've gotten it back I've fallen in love with the car. My cobra probably has a dead battery. I wouldn't know havnt touched it in a while

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was told this but I don't want to mess with any of the factory stuff. I would have to plug the sound tube hole. Imi got the premium thinking hey this is what I had last time should sound great but it doesn't have any difference compared to my brothers base model that I can tell. Needs a little more thump to it imo

All you have to do is pop a grommet in the hole. It's no big deal.

impactblue

Established Member
All you have to do is pop a grommet in the hole. It's no big deal.

They don't go to the engine bay. They run up under the fenders/fender wells. Ended up drilling an extra hole through the firewall. Figure I'll end up with gauges and other mods down the road it'll make it easier in the future. I know it's a new car. Sounds crazy to drill a hole but oh well

Users who are viewing this thread