How to get rid of interior cigarette smoke smell?

CV355

_
Established Member
sitting a cup of vinegar could possibly work too. Maybe 2 cups, one sitting in the front and one in the back. This will obviously work when the vehicle isn't being driven.

My parents say this is how they got the smoke smell out of my car while they drove it back when I went on a year vacation lol. When I got back, the car didn't smell of any smoke and I was super impressed.

That helps with lingering odors when the source has been removed.

If the car has tar/nicotine buildup, no "absorbent" solution will ever truly fix the root cause. For example, a walking ash tray sat in my Volvo one time while it was being worked on at a shop (that I no longer use). Mr Stinky was the root cause of the stench, but I could still smell him in the car. An odor neutralizer worked just fine in that case.

But, if someone is routinely smoking in a vehicle, the tar and nicotine will be an ever-present stench generator.

My solution? Ban all tobacco products and deny medical insurance to anyone who uses tobacco. That'll fix the problem long term.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I purchased this $60 Ozone generator from amazon last year to get rid of the dog smell in my wife's car (2 Great Danes), and it did an Awesome job.

We then threw in some Bamboo charcoal air purifier bags to keep it smelling clean. These also worked very well.

click on the links below.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
i used one of those interior odor bombs i found at autozone. did the trick. it's basically a can of pressurized air freshener that gradually sprays out and empties as you leave the car running with ac on recirc for about 15 minutes

D1984

Whining
Established Member
oh and i use this stuff to keep the interior smelling like new leather (not really a new car smell as described)
when it wears off, my interior doesn't smell like anything. the smoke smell never came back

not sure why the above product isn't showing up. just search chemical brothers new car smell on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread