How to- Ford Racing IRS Diff Cover (didnt drop irs subframe)

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
From my understanding you cant just bolt this Ford racing cover on, it requires different diff mounts, diff support, and diff bushings ????

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
From my understanding you cant just bolt this Ford racing cover on, it requires different diff mounts, diff support, and diff bushings ????

The FRPP differential cover will bolt onto your factory differential using your OEM bushings. Most people just upgrade from the OEM rubber bushings to make the IRS more solid to negate wheel hop, and the "Cobra-clunk".

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
More tips

Tips that I learned:
1. A transmission floor jack with pivoting adjustment is extremely helpful for a solo install LINK (it is also awesome for T-56 installation solo)
2. There are 3 major interference points: 1. exhaust hangers 2. rear tie rod brackets 3. rear differential mount
3. You need to have about a 25 degree downward angle on the pinion flange (front down) to clear the rear tie rod brackets
4. At the same time, you need to rotate the differential about 45 degrees towards the passenger side to clear the exhaust hangers and not get hung up on the rear differential mount.
5. This is probably exaggerated by the Ford Racing diff cover thickness.
6. Put the rear bolts in before you get it in final position.
7. If I do this again, I'm going to follow some forum member's advice and drop the whole IRS.
8. The rear diff bracket can be installed upside down. The correct orientation is "closed" bracket end down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread