How To: Fix Your Fender Liner From Hanging After Rolling Front Fenders

Svtmustang01

Established Member
First things first. I am not responsible in any circumstances for any damages that happen to your car or you.

After rolling my front fenders I came across the dilemma of the fender lining hanging down. It was bad enough I was to the point of just taking a hammer and unrolling them :cryying: . So i ran it this way for a while with it hanging and it ripped a hole in the liner like I for sure thought it would.
I took the wheel off and figured out a great idea on how to hang the fender liner. The problem arises from the circumference of the fender liner ridge being changed. With it now longer than stock the fender isnt able to sit in its designed spot. The only way to make it sit properly again is to make it longer because it will not stretch that much.
Now every fender rolling is different from non aggressive to very aggressive so there are no exact measurements but more of a guide on how to make your own.

What you will need.
2x passenger fender liner
2x driver fender liner
A drill
Zip Ties (preferrably black)
tab puller
new tabs to install fender liner

The very first thing you must do is remove the fender liner. You will have to jack up the car and place it on jack stands. Please do not work under a jack people have died doing so. Please have the car properly supported on stands cant stress this enough. Next thing to do is remove the wheel to give you some extra room. Below is a schematic of all the tabs that you must take off to remove the fender liner. After you have all the tabs removed pull the fender liner out. The way I did it was by pulling on the back where the fender liner tabbed up to the sideskirt and pulled it out of its ridge. Then I did the same to the front and meet in the middle to pull it all out.
fenderlinerschematic_zpsf3e80a2e.gif

Setting up the new fender liner.
The next thing you need to do is cut the fender liner you plan on installing in the car in half. I used the exact middle of the fender liner at the top of the arch due to it being the least complex bend and the narrowest part of the fender liner. The tin shears come in handy hear. Try to cut as horizontal as possible you dont really need to worry about an exactly straight line.

Next go to you spare fender liner for that side and cut out the same area. You will use this as the extension for your fender line. Mine personally was about 5" long. You will need to drill 20 hole in this piece to allow it to zip tie down securely as shown below.
20140611_135315_zps359e1de9.jpg

After you have this piece created proceed to mark the main fender liners for drilling by using the extension piece as a guide to drill. Mark the spots that need to be drilled. Each side of the fender liner will only need 5 drilled holes as shown below. Mine was torn so I had to drill 10 holes per side to cover where the fender liner had been torn through.
20140611_135919_zps4c9919a9.jpg

After everything is drilled zip tie it all together. Place the zip ties so the heads are on the fram rail side.
20140611_140729-1_zpsce10e7be.jpg

20140611_140739_zps799ce08a.jpg

Now reinstall it and enjoy your wonderful hung fender liners and your rolled front fenders :banana:
20140611_114935_zps7ff4b0b1.jpg

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
how is this holding up? I need more clearance as mine is rubbing and thinking this would be a good idea. do you know which mustang year liners are compatible? Where did you source your spares from?

Last edited:

Svtmustang01

Established Member
how is this holding up? I need more clearance as mine is rubbing and thinking this would be a good idea. do you know which mustang year liners are compatible? Where did you source your spares from?

This is compatible woth 99-04 but could be compatible withothers. The liners i pulled from a junkyard for 15 bucks for both. They are holding up really well. I burned through another set but they are holding in great. Got clearance so i jammed a bigger tire in haha. This helps quitr a bit. I pulled my liners from a 99-04

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is this a problem on rolling the rear fenders?

Users who are viewing this thread