How to fix rear quarter window molding?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey svtp!

I'm trying to figure out if there is some type of adhesive or something I can use to get this one section of the window molding to sit flush with the body?

These things are in perfect condition otherwise. I'm worried about water potentially getting down past window molding.

I'm also nervous about how to do it, so I don't get it all over the paint.

I was looking at this.

This is what I was looking at.

Thanks!
IMG_20211201_015445868.jpg
IMG_20211201_015135916.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not sure, but those are injection molded and come with the glass. It sucks you can’t just replace the molding. Mine is very dry looking one the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure, but those are injection molded and come with the glass. It sucks you can’t just replace the molding. Mine is very dry looking one the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah kinda sucks. There is a brand new oem drivers side one on eBay. But seller wants like 1k for it....

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely use some sort of adhesive. You may want to experiment with warming things up a little to make the molding a little more flexible (blow dryer or heat gun on a low setting). Definitely don't get it too hot.

I had some body side molding starting to curl up on the driver side door. I used super glue and clamped it overnight, been good for a few years.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely use some sort of adhesive. You may want to experiment with warming things up a little to make the molding a little more flexible (blow dryer or heat gun on a low setting). Definitely don't get it too hot.

I had some body side molding starting to curl up on the driver side door. I used super glue and clamped it overnight, been good for a few years.
Thanks, I was definitely thinking of adding some heat. It's actually pretty tough to push it in as is. I know adding some heat will make it easier, but I don't know if anything will keep it pushed into the body. I have nothing that will keep pressure on it.

Kinda a tough spot.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the link. I've seen those before, but I want to keep things mostly oem on this car.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I believe it's fox resto.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I thought it was Fox Resto also, but there is no longer any reference to it on their website (which is fairly new). I went looking because of this thread. Shipping glass is always a gamble. I think shippers these days could break an anvil.

Users who are viewing this thread