How to: Eaton swap intercooler pump wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
To wire in the intercooler pump the way that I did your going to need a T-tap, relay, wires and connectors. The relay and T-taps you can get at NAPA.

Below are some pictures of where the wires go and what part of the relay they are wired into.

IMG_9731-1.jpg

The connections are marked on the bottom, 87A is not used.
IMG_5644-1.jpg

Power wire
IMG_0787-1.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

Ground wires
IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_1452-1.jpg

T-tap and ignition wire, the wire you use is the solid red wire.
IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

Here is a video of how to use a T tap
T Tap Connector How to use a t tap connector. - YouTube

Here is what it looks like all mounted up
IMG_3354.jpg

To mount it like I did you have to cut the tab off of the bracket that fits into the fender. Here is a picture of what it should look like once you cut the tab off.
IMG_3724.jpg

It really isn't that hard to wire it, the hardest part was trying to figure out where everything went. Hopefully this helps some of you out, if you have any questions then just let me know.

swt99svt

Established Member
Nice! Much better than my pictures and chopped directions. Install looks clean. Add some loom to the wiring and you're set.

77ihwheeler

Established Member
Anyone know the part number for this relay I've been to three different parts stores trying to find it

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Yeah that or added to the eaton swap thread that has all of the links :beer:

Happster

Established Member
Sweet post! Doing the '01 Cobra --> '03 Eaton swap and this solves one of my wiring issues. Any idea about the IAT2/MAP sensor wiring? I have a 4 pin MAF and a separate 2 pin IAT1 in the cold air intake, but obviously no IAT2 post-blower.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Sweet post! Doing the '01 Cobra --> '03 Eaton swap and this solves one of my wiring issues. Any idea about the IAT2/MAP sensor wiring? I have a 4 pin MAF and a separate 2 pin IAT1 in the cold air intake, but obviously no IAT2 post-blower.
Extend the wires for the IAT to the IAT2 sensor in the intake. This is the one you want to monitor under boost.

71catruck

Established Member
Not bad OP, I ran my signal wire into the fender and then out the big hole next to were you mounted the relay. I also mounted the relay under the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread