How to disable the seatbelt beeps?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You know, the beeps that warn you to put on your seatbelt.

Sometimes I go for a cruise at the park or something and the beeps are just annoying.

Has someone tried it? If not, I need to read my owner's manual. :read:

Its an 06 Lariat F-150 BTW

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
+1, I've read the manual and tried the "place key in ignition, open seat belt, close seat belt repeat 12 times until horn flashes, then turn on headlights, open door, run around run counter clockwise (clockwise if on the west coast) while patting your tummy and whisteling the theme song to jeopardy in 30 seconds or less."

Needless to say it didn't work for me and I still have the "seat belt chime" on my 04. Annoying. You've got about 35 seconds of drive time without the belt before your 1st warning goes off....

Apparently the "code" will work to disable either the drivers or passenger's "belt minder" but each need to be done seperately.... What a pain. Let me know if you succeed!

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I followed the instructions in the manual and it worked just fine. My light came on above my Radio. But I uplugged it and its fine.

Patman03sprcrw

New SVT Poser
Established Member
I just unpluged the sensor wiring harness under the seat! No beeps ever, it always thinks its buckled. And can be returned to stock if need to sell or something

Patman03sprcrw

New SVT Poser
Established Member
MaxximuS_1062 said:
you should wear your seatbelt, it has saved my life a couple times

I do when im on the road, but I would get annoyed if im just crossing a mall parking lot, and its beeping the whole 1000 yards or w.e

dunno i always wear my seatbelt when im on the road tho.
-Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread