How to deal with a stuck/seized clutch

fatrubbers304

Established Member
So I posted a few weeks back unsure of the issue. As stated the car will shift while off. While running it won’t go into gear. I have put it in gear while off and started it and it jumps forward. I was leaning toward the clutch cable needing adjusted but everything seems to be working as it should when looking at the TOB and shift fork when I press the clutch. I have tightened and loosened the cable multiple times and still no gear to go in while running. The trans was rebuilt to a stage 2 by tick performance. I am thinking my clutch has rusted and seized up while sitting the past year with the tranny pulled out. Has a McLeod twin disk with aluminum flywheel. Any ideas because I need to get this car going so I can move it into my new garage ASAP.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A guy on another forum I used to be on has a similar issue. He had the car on jack stands so the rear tires could spin. He let it get some speed then slammed on the clutch and brake pedal at the same time. It took a few times but it broke the clutch disc loose.

fatrubbers304

Established Member
This is what I was told to do also. Curious if it would be ok with the fresh rebuild as well

fatrubbers304

Established Member
A guy on another forum I used to be on has a similar issue. He had the car on jack stands so the rear tires could spin. He let it get some speed then slammed on the clutch and brake pedal at the same time. It took a few times but it broke the clutch disc loose.
This is what I was told to do also. Curious if it would be ok with the fresh rebuild as well

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I would think it wouldn't be too hard on the fresh rebuild. You're not putting as much of a load as running it through the gears on the street. Maybe reach out to Tick and see what they say? Just in case.

MG0h3

Established Member
Try the starter a few more times.

Or as stated above, get it on blocks and start it in gear and try to manipulate it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread