How To Datalog Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
*This can be used for Dynojet WBC, SCT Livelink (my purpose) or any other type of logging program that is configureable for an analog input(s). You can also split the output signal and use it with multiple units such as a WBC and SCT. You'll need to contact said manufacturer or your tuner for the correct conversion formula to use.

I got this GM 3 wire MAP sensor and pigtail from the parts forums. You can see the part numbers needed.

gmmapsensor003gz1.jpg

It is wired as follows:

A = Ground
B = 0-5v Sensor output signal
C = 5v input reference signal

The Maf sensor, TPS and EGR all use a 5v signal from the PCM. You could use any of them but since my EGR is deleted and not being used that's where I tapped in for the 5v reference for the sensor power. With the ignition key turned to "ON" use a multimeter to find a 5v dc source (it will read 5v constant) splice into that and run to the sensor pigtail.

gmmapsensor004zt3.jpg

You can tap into the boost reference wherever you like, I just disconnected the line going up to the stock gague under the dash where I had it teed into the Autometer and used that to hook up to the MAP sensor.

Now all that is left to do is find a suitable ground and then hook up the output to whatever datalogging device being used.

For Livelink I am using Analog 2 (Analog 1 is used for the WBC). The conversion formula(s) are:

9.13752*V-14.423125

*NOTE* To properly setup formula check Baro for the day and or area and convert using the
formula below for the subtractor.

To convert Baro to psi multiply by .491

To convert KPA to PSI:

Multiply Kpa by .14504 = psi.

The 3 BAR MAP sensor tops out at 315 Kpa or 45.6876 PSI of boost. Dividing this by 5v
provides the conversion multiplier. 45.6876/5v=9.13752

Under vacuum you'll only see half the value from the MAP that's being shown on the mechanical boost/vacuum gauge.

I did this mainly for track usage so I'll know what's going on without having to look.

Here's a chart for how the sensor reads:

mapgraphjl2.gif

:beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread