How to: converter install

corepwn

Established Member
Great write up. Should help people who are timid about this sort of undertaking to see that they could save a ton of cash on labor and do it themselves with mostly basic hand tools.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Great write-up for sure. One tip I would offer is you don't need to remove the trans from under the car. Just slide it back far enough for the converter to clear and just swap them and stab the trans back in. Make sure you put a quart or so of trans fluid in the new converter and make sure it fully seats in the trans. You'll have to spin it until it clicks in all the way.

1quick

Established Member
next time I would probably just keep it on the jack under the car, I just wanted to be sure the converter was fully seated and figured it would be easier with it out on the floor

bunits19714

Established Member
I see from the link you spray? who do you use as a tuner and how big of a shot do you spray? what was your best et/mph last season?
next time I would probably just keep it on the jack under the car, I just wanted to be sure the converter was fully seated and figured it would be easier with it out on the floor

1quick

Established Member
I see from the link you spray? who do you use as a tuner and how big of a shot do you spray? what was your best et/mph last season?
I have a nx plate kit, I mostly spray a 100 shot it ran 11.5 on stock suspension, with uca lca's pan hard bar and removed front sway it ran 11.3, the same day with a 1000' more da it ran 11.2 on a 125 shot, a month later I threw a shaft masters drive shaft in it and went 11.2 on the 100 shot, Lund did the na tune and nitrous tune, only other mods are off road H and jlt intake, best mph was 123 on the 100 shot the last time out, hopefully this converter puts me solid into the 10's on the 100 shot then I'll start spraying 150 at it if traction is there

Users who are viewing this thread