How to change seals/boots on your front brake calipers

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
Regarding using pliers on objects you do not want to mar. I use duct tape to cover the ridges on the pliers and have had no issues, even with plumbing items. Just be careful when you grip.

mooch91

Established Member
Webshots boned me with this work and many other forum contributions I've made over the years by deleting all of my pictures when they abandoned their old service. I'm working on getting the pics transferred over to a new host and will update once I do.

my92gt

Established Member
^^^Thanks and yes the pictures have been down for some while now... I need to take the pistons out so I can take the calipers back to the powder coaters..

my92gt

Established Member
Thanks.. I had a spare set of COBRA brackets and calipers and I took off the seals and removed the pistons yesterday. I ended up taking the calipers and brackets to the powders coaters. Triple black on calipers and steel grey on the brackets. Will post up pix next week..

mooch91

Established Member
Thanks.. I had a spare set of COBRA brackets and calipers and I took off the seals and removed the pistons yesterday. I ended up taking the calipers and brackets to the powders coaters. Triple black on calipers and steel grey on the brackets. Will post up pix next week..

Great, would love to see!

SVTDice

Established Member
Picked them up this Tuesday.. Will take pictures tomorrow if possible before work

Let us know how it goes and if you think its worth it! I've been considering on doing this with my upcoming brake job!

Users who are viewing this thread