How-To build you own Line Lock Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Since the only kits that are made for our trucks cost alot I thought I would share this.

Keep in mind that the total price will vairy depending on which soleniod, switch that you use. My total price was about $80 including the tube bending tool.

I got some of my parts from www.summitracing.com and they include:

SUM-760002 Line Lock

SUM-G3904 Install Kit

The rest I got from AutoZone:

10 amp in-line fuse

10 amp LED switch

20ft roll of 14 ga. wire

misc. connectors

The piece of alum I got from Lowes

Above is every thing parts wise that you will need to install this kit.

Here is a pic of every thing

Picture+078.jpg

First: You need to decide where to mount you Line Lock. I chose to mount it beside the Master cylinder. I fabbed up a bracket to mount the L/L to.

ATTENTION!! This LL solenoid is mounted upside down from conventional and has caused some confusion. Normally the line from the master cylinder goes to the port closest to the solenoid and the outlet to the brakes is on the bottom. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED WITH YOUR LL CAREFULLY.

Picture+081.jpg

Second: You need to route the tubing. I used the tube that where the same size in the kit, they seemed to be the easiest to use with out having to cut and reflange them. When you do this make sure to put some releif bends in the tubing to prevent cracking. Remove the front brake line form the master cylinder and follow it down to the ABS box and remove it from there also. You will need a little catch can becuase some fluid will leak out. Below is a pic on how I bent my tubing

Picture+080.jpg

Third: You will find all of the right sized fitting in the kit that you will need. After you are happy with how your tubing is routed wrap the correct fittings and tube fittings with thread tape and install them by hand. Make sure you have both sides started before you use a wrench to tighten every thing down.

Forth: You can use the same stud that you mounted the bracket to for a ground. I used the stud on the other side to help hide all of the wires. For a power source I used the one found on the fuse box as seen in the pic below.

Picture+082.jpg

I then put my in line fuse between the power source and my switch. Then I routed the wire back to the power wire of the L/l. Then I ran my wires through a rubber grommet and into the cab. As seen in the pic.

Picture+083.jpg

Fifth: For a switch I used a LED one so I know when the L/L is engaged. For wiring it up just follow the instructions that come with the particular switch that you bought. Here is a pic of my swith with the L/L engaged.

Picture+085.jpg

Sixth: Now that you have every thing installed you need to bleed your brakes. Remember to start from the pass. side rear then drivers side rear then pass. side front and finally drivers side front.

Hopefully this has helped you in installing you Line Lock. :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread