How to alienate autocrossers and.....

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
embarass this fellow mustang owner.

The SCCA Salina Region had our last auto-x of the year today. Overall it was windy but beautiful weather otherwise. The course was a bear, alot of fun but very tough on a big heavy mustang to squeeze through in several places.

I worked heat 1 and it went off without a hitch. Heat 1 workers all headed back in to the paddock to get ready to run in heat 2. Cars are ready to go and we're all sitting in grid. The event chair and the Reg. Exec are talking, so I walk over to talk with them.

Seems that 3 of the mustang owners that ran in heat 1, had said they had to leave by 12:30pm. The event chair told them beforehand that if they can't work heat 2, then don't run in heat 1. They said "ok" they'll stay and work heat 2. Instead after they run heat 1 they loaded up their cars and left, 1 did stay to help but the other two went ahead left.

I've been doing this for five years and have never seen anyone outright lie to an event official. There were alot of annoyed people today because of that stunt they pulled. The heat finally got started after several heat 3 and 4 drivers volunteered to work heat 2.

It wouldnt have bothered me as much but I try to always pit next to other mustang owners at events. At open track events mustang owners and even competitors with mustangs seem to stick closer together in my experiences.

The whole situation just looked bad today, reiterated the punk in a mustang term that I use for the few mustang owners I meet that come across as arrogant.

My times were scored cant be too sure that their scores or points will be counted. :nonono:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Ditching after running and not working is a serious no no. At NE-SVT I have a black list of people that have pulled this. They are not allowed entry into future events. These putzes don't seem to realize that all the club heads that use the facility all know each other and share the names.

David Hester

Established Member
I guess all regions have the same problems.
No worky no results. Just a DSQ by your name at the bottom of the results page. No refunds, too, of course.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Scores came out a few weeks ago. The two that didnt work both got a nice DID NOT WORK next to their names.

FORD4U

Established Member
that S*** pisses me off! that gives us a bad name as a whole and is just crapy of them, i hope they get banned, i run solo events in Tn. and i know how much workers are needed. those guys suck! nice post.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I prefer to work first as well. It pisses me off to have to hunt workers that already ran and are packing up...

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I've only participated in one SCCA solo event at the Daytona International Speedway back in March I think of 2010. It was whole lot of fun, not just the driving part but the working part too!! Just getting to see the other cars running by working first gives you an idea of how to run a track by trying to not make the same mistakes that the early drivers are making.

Users who are viewing this thread