How to advance timing properly on SCT XCAL3

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Hey Guys..i have a SCT XCAL SF3 i bought new..has a custom tune in it for My Kenne Bell by Dez Racing in Mass.

I am putting a meth kit on it and just temporary i want to bump the timing a few * to get some more HP out of it as its at 0 * timing due to where my IAT was (relocating it)

Do i just up the global spark? or do individial rpm increments..never fiddled with it and was nervous to. I am not gonn do anything wild with the timing like i said a few degrees to hold me over until i can afford a retune from them. Thanks

ZeroSVT

Established Member
I wouldn't move it at all. It really depends on how your Borderline Knock Table looks in your tune. I very seriously doubt its at 0*

Since you are a F.I. Car, i would recommend you save up your money have have it tuned specifically for the W/M kit.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
ok fine i will do that...it may not be at 0* timing..but Mike Dez (place i got it tuned) said there is 0 timing it..maybe i have a bad interpretation but obviously he must of just meant it is not amped up at like 18* like some other 4v on here....o well..saving my pennies then!

any other input just for my knowledge would be appreciated

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I have adjusted mine DOWN lots and logged the results. The global spark, as I recall it, +1 advances timing 1 degree across the full RPM range and -2 would decrease 2 across the range. Sometimes I would decrease the spark in the upper RPM's when I could not get the octane I was originally tuned at. Just be aware of what you are doing and the impacts / implications of adding too much spark.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
ok good to know..i only want to bump it 1 to 3 degrees and see if there is anything ot be had...but ill have to fiddle around with it..thanks for the post

Users who are viewing this thread